• Register Today It's free!

Liftgate switch problem

jay1028

Reaction score
City, State
N.E Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT V8
Periodically the interior lights come on. Traced it to the liftgate. It has a switch on each latch from what I have read. So far, I have had to pull fuse 27 to turn them off when it happens. I have pulled the liftgate panel and can't see the switches. Anyone have photos of where they are or how to get to them? All I have found is the 2002 photos and the liftgate is not the same config.

Jay

Periodically the interior lights come on. Traced it to the liftgate. It has a switch on each latch from what I have read. So far, I have had to pull fuse 27 to turn them off when it happens. I have pulled the liftgate panel and can't see the switches. Anyone have photos of where they are or how to get to them? All I have found is the 2002 photos and the liftgate is not the same config.

Jay

If the switches are like the ones in the doors, they are built into the latches. Since the panel is pulled, look toward the sides and see if you can see wires coming out of a small plastic piece in the latch housing. Those will be your switches. Good luck.

Back