Lifting a '95-01 IFS Article | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting a '95-01 IFS Article

Whoa that looks bad...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks bad (agreed), but I bet it still runs and he may have driven it home like that. Did it become a trail rig?

I don't think so, I think that is the current state of that explorer.

-Drew

Brian_B said:
The thread then goes way off topic, so I have no clue beyond that.

That is kind of the way this one is almost going... ;)

-Drew

Oops sorry, havent been aqround in a while. Yea, its in my garage and Im rebuilding it(albiet slowly). My main thing is I need a new passenger door.. sport doors are hard to find. And it drives, I try and drive it around once a week to keep the battery alive.

Premier said:
Oops sorry, havent been aqround in a while. Yea, its in my garage and Im rebuilding it(albiet slowly). My main thing is I need a new passenger door.. sport doors are hard to find. And it drives, I try and drive it around once a week to keep the battery alive.
The cool thing is it doesn't look like the pillars buckeled, and the roof doesn't look that bad. Looks like it would be worth repairing in your spair time.

ExplorerDMB said:
That is kind of the way this one is almost going... ;)

-Drew

sems to happen alot..

The superlift kit says something about a front isolator pad,--was wondering if you needed for my 97

ExplorerDMB said:
I do not think it is possible. I have 7" of lift (via 4" suspension, 3" body) and I can only clear 33s without rubbing!

-Drew
(97 XLT V8)_Qusetion--If I already have the 2'' TT, Fenders trimed, and I am installing the Superlift 4'' kit; I was wondering if you think I could run 305/70/16 Goodyear MT/Rs

Ren - the tire you are talking about is about a 32.8" tire and you are talking about a 6" lift. I think you will be fine with this set up. My 33's are 33.4" and I have them on 8" wheels which makes them a little taller. So, with my expierence, I think you will be fine. Good luck with your lift. MT/Rs are good tires! Good choice! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Can anyone tell me what kind of body lift i can get for a 2000 Explorer please

Sure, Performance Accessories makes it: kit # 883! It's for a Ranger, but it will bolt up fine, except for the rear bumper bracket. That is the kit I have on my '00. Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

-Drew

hey ... thanks so much i've been looking every where & asking everyone i know if they know of any company who makes it but none of them drive an explorer. Which lift is better for 4" suspension trailmaster or superlift. I herd Superlift was stronger.

The Superlift is newer and yes, a little stronger. Go back to the second page of this thread and it'll compare the two.

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alrighty thanks bc i figured a guy would know a lot more about his stuff them me

Back