Lighting/Electrical Setup with Ideas. (Cheap) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lighting/Electrical Setup with Ideas. (Cheap)

CyanEyed

Reaction score
City, State
West Coast USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Explorer XLT
just made this: http://youtu.be/toa0jDawPCc

literally just finished re positioning the switches.

ive been running with this lighting setup for almost 6 months, and i use it all the time. the previous switch panel was a plastic piece with switches on it in the radio slot. the heat from the A/C panel below it caused part of it to start coming apart. (it was never intended as a permanent thing)

i like everything about this setup, especially the price. <$200

i will make another video of actually using it later. (i just got a gopro, but my friend borrowed it)

read the video description for more info.

should i make a guide on the fiber optics part?

any more ideas?

What did u use for the strip lights..... I've been looking at picking up a couple pairs. The ones I was looking at we're superbrightLEDs.com but I could have the name wrong

Superbrightleds

thats exactly where i got them (superbrightleds.com). i compared the brightness of all of their lights, and picked the one that was brightest PER BULB. this way the light would go the greatest distance without reflectors/lenses added to focus them.

i cant remember the exact model that i got, but i do remember that there is a discount code floating around the internet somewhere. i think a quick google search will find it.

Back