• Register Today It's free!

Interior Lighting Ideas?

JustB_Rad

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
I need ideas on how to create more light under the tailgate (when it's open). The main use would be for having more light during the early morning when we're hunting. I've got two ideas. One would be to either get a set of cheap driving/fog lights, and either use industrial strength velcro or suction cups to hold them some place on the tailgate/window and then just plug them into the rear 12V power. Obviously because I wouldn't use these all the time, the idea would be to make this removable and no trace of them when I'm not using them.

The other would be to find a strip of clear, bright LED's and have them stuck to the tailgate with velcro or something. This idea could be modified to be a permanant install and just have a switch someplace. on the tailgate. Does anybody have any other ideas?

So you are looking for a temporary solution, not permanent?

I would just go and get some of those cheap round lights they advertise for closests that run off of batteries and put suction cups on them and stick them to the inside of the back window. For permanent, yes, LED lights mounted individually around the back gate and wired into the interior lights.

Here is a photo of what I am talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018QDJ8K/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001PII84G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0W2C58T0B6YTJ44ZVS7Q

31YA5R4Q%2BfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So you are looking for a temporary solution, not permanent?

I would just go and get some of those cheap round lights they advertise for closests that run off of batteries and put suction cups on them and stick them to the inside of the back window.[/IMG]
That is more or less what came to mind. You can get them as LED's as well. They are sometimes referred to as 'Puck Lights'.

Back