Limited trim specs? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Limited trim specs?

I bought the 93 Limited! Thanks to everyone for the info and advice, it was really helpful!

BTW it has a stock anti-theft system but no key fobs. Does anyone have instructions on how to use the stock alarm when you just have a key? I know you turn it in the door one wat then another. Sometimes that works and sometimes the horn goes off and it is loud!

Thanks!

David

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats, and you can buy a key fob for about $10 and program it yourself. I enjoyed my 93 Limited and saved the seats and the rear clip for my 99, I love those seats.

The OEM radio was not worth the trouble to fix, so be happy they changed it. I have two bad CD players that I ought to toss out, and assorted little items like the Limited center caps and turn signal trim etc.

Enjoy that truck, and I would invest some time into the automatic trans. I did mine with what was available in 1998, and it did great for my use(no towing). There are several updates now for the A4LD, plus the valve body kits help a lot.

Find a longer vacuum modulator pin(from a dodge trans), and make it about 1/8" longer than the stock pin. That helps the shifting additionally. I did that for both my first 91 Explorer, and the 93.

Thanks, Don!

Big puffy leather seats (for us old guys)

I REALLY like those big, puffy leather seats!! Sitting in the Explorer feels like sitting in my living room. :)

Yep, they are the bomb. Now you need to install seat heaters and you'll be set. :)

Heated seats?? Oh that sounds good on those icy California mornings - all 12 of them. :D

My wife grew up in Idaho, eastern and western WA, she tells me I don't know what cold really it. :)

Especially this year. About a month below freezing for the daily high. Besides I like to snow wheel

I have to admit, I do like to drive in the snow (usually about 60-70 miles east of Sacramento. I take the dog, my wife stays home and wishes me luck. Can't wait to drive in the snow with my "new" X Limited, especially since we've gotten a LOT of snow lately.

Back