• Register Today It's free!

Little Things Fixed

scottfmc

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Platinum
I noticed a couple of "little fixes" between my Ex and the ones we have as company cars that were all very early builds.

For one, the Hazard Lights button on my Ex is slightly recessed to help avoid accidental activation. On the early build units, it is flush with the trim and could be activated easily.

There is no hint of A-Pillar rattle/buzz at any speed. It's rock solid.

Fit and finish on my Ex is very good. Out early-build units had some unforgivable gaps, especially in hood alignment.

Touch response in MFT seems slightly quicker.

Things that still need fixing.....

MFT needs to have a way to set a default menu other than the 4 quadrant. It always defaults back to that. Very irritating.

If the primary phone is not available, but a secondary phone is, MFT should automatically default to the backup phone without my having to confirm it to the system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would you test something for me?

Can you pair two phones at once to MFT? My regular sync can not...and I carry two phones. It would be nice if they finally got this right.

Would you test something for me?

Can you pair two phones at once to MFT? My regular sync can not...and I carry two phones. It would be nice if they finally got this right.

Not sure I understand you. I have paired my iPhone 4 and my wife's, but only one can be Primary and in use at one time. Does that help?

I noticed a couple of "little fixes" between my Ex and the ones we have as company cars that were all very early builds.

For one, the Hazard Lights button on my Ex is slightly recessed to help avoid accidental activation. On the early build units, it is flush with the trim and could be activated easily.

There is no hint of A-Pillar rattle/buzz at any speed. It's rock solid.

Fit and finish on my Ex is very good. Out early-build units had some unforgivable gaps, especially in hood alignment.

Touch response in MFT seems slightly quicker.

Things that still need fixing.....

MFT needs to have a way to set a default menu other than the 4 quadrant. It always defaults back to that. Very irritating.

If the primary phone is not available, but a secondary phone is, MFT should automatically default to the backup phone without my having to confirm it to the system.

IMG_0837_small.jpg

Scott, Nice looking ride, and congrats on your new Ex.

Not sure I understand you. I have paired my iPhone 4 and my wife's, but only one can be Primary and in use at one time. Does that help?

Ok, with both paired and in the car, if the secondary rings, will it come over SYNC? I believe you answered me that only one can...just trying to make sure.

Ok, with both paired and in the car, if the secondary rings, will it come over SYNC? I believe you answered me that only one can...just trying to make sure.

Ok gotcha. No, that hasn't changed - sorry. It is a good idea though!

Damn.

Not only is it a good idea...lots of devices can handle this.

Glad to hear they are responding fairly fast to the "little" things. I noticed my lift-gate is very hard to close and not get the "Liftgate is ajar" warning. I have to literally slam it. Anyone else have this problem? Guessing not, haven't seen anyone mention it. And yes, I made sure nothing is in the way/protruding.

Glad to hear they are responding fairly fast to the "little" things. I noticed my lift-gate is very hard to close and not get the "Liftgate is ajar" warning. I have to literally slam it. Anyone else have this problem? Guessing not, haven't seen anyone mention it. And yes, I made sure nothing is in the way/protruding.

Hey Edge, my liftgate takes a pretty good shove, too, but not worse than an Escape I owned.

Are you sure you don't have puny arms? :D

J/K!

I wonder if the strikers are out of alignment? Sounds like something they should have found in the pre-delivery regardless...

Did they forget to put their sticker/plate frame on? I used that line once for my Ranger that had a door that wouldn't shut properly.

"My door won't shut right, I have to slam it 3-4 times before it catches."
"Well, we did get it in late, so we didn't have a lot of time to check it over. Can you bring it in tomorrow? We're pretty booked already for today."
"Oh, ok. I can understand that. But you did have enough time to put your sticker and a plate frame, right?"
"Uh, We'll get that in right away if you want to run it over..."

:D

Joe, it's funny you mention that because last week I specifically told my sales guy, no dealer stickers anywhere. I pick it up 4 days later, guess what? Sticker is on the back and both license plate holders have those paper placeholders. I spent that night removing the sticker with my fingernails and used some rubbing alcohol to ensure the sticky crap was off. Sticker was fresh so it wasn't too bad.

I'll play with my lift-gate more tonight as I've only done it twice now.

Hey Edge, my liftgate takes a pretty good shove, too, but not worse than an Escape I owned.
Does the Limited not have a power open/close door? Shouldn't have to slam those!

I think that's just the nature of the new Ex and how well air sealed it is, try shutting it with another door open to see if the air pressure is causing it not to shut properly. I remember a long time back when I bought a 98 Ranger brand new I had to do a double-take on closing the doors sometimes because the air pressure kept it from shutting all the way. After about 6 months it stopped, I'm guessing that's the same issue here.

My .02 anyways :)

Back