Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

Dedicated GPS performance logging device, not smart phone.

0-60 was 4.6 seconds before and is now 4.8 sec.

Quarter mile is about .5 seconds slower now.

Using only GPS, or OBDII w/ GPS? GPS has a built in inaccuracy and can't be used for logging times alone. When averaged w/ the data from OBDII it can be pretty accurate. You are going to get some flack here based on your Open Letter thread though. I'd like to hear from Livernois in response at any rate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using only GPS, or OBDII w/ GPS? GPS has a built in inaccuracy and can't be used for logging times alone. When averaged w/ the data from OBDII it can be pretty accurate. You are going to get some flack here based on your Open Letter thread though. I'd like to hear from Livernois in response at any rate.

My beef with LMS was the fact that what I was originally told is that the problems the tuned people were having was winter fuel and that OBD data logging is wrong. I contacted their tuner directly and my suspicion that the fuel pump is at its limit with just a tune was confirmed. I buried the hatchet when I was told the truth and posted that I had no problems with them now in that thread.

I am using a Racelogic Vbox for my metrics. I also have a Gtech SS GPS but I usually use the Vbox because it is a bit more precise.

My beef with LMS was the fact that what I was originally told is that the problems the tuned people were having was winter fuel and that OBD data logging is wrong. I contacted their tuner directly and my suspicion that the fuel pump is at its limit with just a tune was confirmed. I buried the hatchet when I was told the truth and posted that I had no problems with them now in that thread.

And all I'm saying is that on here you may get some flack for jumping on them about the new tune publicly. Perhaps it would be wise to contact the same tuner you talked to and discuss your concerns again before involving the rest of the forum in what might be another misunderstanding.

Your words above are that the "boost has been grossly limited", which indicates that the new tune would be lowering power. This seems like a concern to take up with them directly not indirectly on a public forum. If they confirm they are limiting the boost (w/out making up the power elsewhere) then you can post your findings for all.

You are making accusations here that are opposite what Livernois is claiming (they claim a 10-15hp gain on the v3 tunes). You are a Livernois customer and have access to their tuning and technical support directly, I don't understand why on multiple occasions you choose to bring your support issues here knowing that the people at Livernois are the only ones that can answer your questions and address your concerns.

Sharing your support experience with us is valuable, but making claims about their product w/out seeking direct support first makes no sense (especially since they have said publicly if you have any further questions or concerns to contact them directly).

and all i'm saying is that on here you may get some flack for jumping on them about the new tune publicly. Perhaps it would be wise to contact the same tuner you talked to and discuss your concerns again before involving the rest of the forum in what might be another misunderstanding.

Your words above are that the "boost has been grossly limited", which indicates that the new tune would be lowering power. This seems like a concern to take up with them directly not indirectly on a public forum. If they confirm they are limiting the boost (w/out making up the power elsewhere) then you can post your findings for all.

You are making accusations here that are opposite what livernois is claiming (they claim a 10-15hp gain on the v3 tunes). You are a livernois customer and have access to their tuning and technical support directly, i don't understand why on multiple occasions you choose to bring your support issues here knowing that the people at livernois are the only ones that can answer your questions and address your concerns.

Sharing your support experience with us is valuable, but making claims about their product w/out seeking direct support first makes no sense (especially since they have said publicly if you have any further questions or concerns to contact them directly).

+ 1.

Definitely agree

I think the v3 tune is slower than the v2 tune, but it's an improvement over v2 CW.

And all I'm saying is that on here you may get some flack for jumping on them about the new tune publicly. Perhaps it would be wise to contact the same tuner you talked to and discuss your concerns again before involving the rest of the forum in what might be another misunderstanding.

You are making accusations here that are opposite what Livernois is claiming (they claim a 10-15hp gain on the v3 tunes). You are a Livernois customer and have access to their tuning and technical support directly, I don't understand why on multiple occasions you choose to bring your support issues here knowing that the people at Livernois are the only ones that can answer your questions and address your concerns.

I am not jumping on anyone, nor am I making any accusations of any kind. I am simply posting my data and impressions.

Why are you trying to make something out of nothing?

So to those that have updated.... I'm still running V2(Not the CW version) and Im on the fence. Should I even mess with the V3? Which version (and why) do you prefer?

Cheers,

Ajar

So to those that have updated.... I'm still running V2(Not the CW version) and Im on the fence. Should I even mess with the V3? Which version (and why) do you prefer?

Cheers,

Ajar

The tune feels more buttoned down, I think it uses more timing under all conditions which would be good for driveability and fuel economy. LMS is looking into the issues I am having and I will keep posted. It is still worlds ahead of the stock tune.

Cheers,

Ajar

+1...curious for lms' response to this. Why would they go through the hassle of releasing a v3 tune, claim it makes more power, to later find out its slower and less boost? Hopefully this is isolated and merely an oversight. Interested in their response.

I'm pretty sure LMS isn't lying when they say it has more HP. I tend to trust a company that has 36000 SQ ft of garage space and paid professionals. More so then someone with a tester that costs less than the rubber I have On my rims. Just saying.

I'm pretty sure LMS isn't lying when they say it has more HP. I tend to trust a company that has 36000 SQ ft of garage space and paid professionals. More so then someone with a tester that costs less than the rubber I have On my rims. Just saying.

I never said anything about anyone lying about this tune.

Anthony straight up told me something is up and that he didn't think the v3 tune should have less boost.

WTF is wrong with you people?

We are looking into vteckiller2000's 3 bar v3 tune file and also sent him a 93 v3 2 bar tune to see how his vehicle responds. The boost he has reported is not what is to be expected from the v3 tune.

Also for those of you that have sent in your requests and are still awaiting the v3 update, we are getting the files updated for everyone as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience.

We are looking into vteckiller2000's 3 bar v3 tune file and also sent him a 93 v3 2 bar tune to see how his vehicle responds. The boost he has reported is not what is to be expected from the v3 tune.

Also for those of you that have sent in your requests and are still awaiting the v3 update, we are getting the files updated for everyone as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience.

Could you please shed some light on the differences between the v2 and v3 tunes? Specifically boost levels and timing. Without releasing proprietary information of course, but what in detail could one expect going from v2 to v3? I think that would clear up a lot of the confusion at this point regarding this thread.

I can tell you the only thing that I read when you posted was literally "10 more hp"...and believe me I was ecstatic about it but while we're on subject, is this 10 peak hp? 10 hp throughout the curve? Torque numbers? Any losses? I went 13.40s @ 105 on the v2, what to expect on v3?

-happy Livernois customer

You guys would never survive on a GM board. Which is where i normally frequent. If something is amiss you bring it up in the forum so everyone can see issues resolved or brushed aside. It keeps vendors honest. Feedback GOOD AND BAD SHOULD BE SHARED.
If the forum is only to praise and never question why is it even here?

You guys would never survive on a GM board. Which is where i normally frequent. If something is amiss you bring it up in the forum so everyone can see issues resolved or brushed aside. It keeps vendors honest. Feedback GOOD AND BAD SHOULD BE SHARED.
If the forum is only to praise and never question why is it even here?

because someone's feelings may get hurt, and you just can't do that in 2014. :)

:salute:

Could you please shed some light on the differences between the v2 and v3 tunes? Specifically boost levels and timing. Without releasing proprietary information of course, but what in detail could one expect going from v2 to v3? I think that would clear up a lot of the confusion at this point regarding this thread.

I can tell you the only thing that I read when you posted was literally "10 more hp"...and believe me I was ecstatic about it but while we're on subject, is this 10 peak hp? 10 hp throughout the curve? Torque numbers? Any losses? I went 13.40s @ 105 on the v2, what to expect on v3?

-happy Livernois customer

Interested in what the changes are also??

Interested in what the changes are also??

The latest tune revisions have had some very noticeable transmission calibration changes to improve the "no shift" condition present on these vehicles on the 1-2 shift. This 1-2 shift issue has even been present on completely stock vehicles that we have encountered, so this is a big improvement in that area. We have also made changes to eliminate the need for the cold weather (CW) tune revisions that some had requested. These latest updated tunes have achieved gains in upwards of 10hp over our previous tunes while still improving overall drivability characteristics.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed this this update last week and like them. The most notable difference seems that there more refined feeling. To me it feels the power comes on sooner with a less abrupt feeling when it hits. The butt dyno feels no loss or gain in power just a difference in delivery. This is just a blanket feeling as I've not been to the track with either tune to compare but those who have raced sometimes know that smoother is sometimes faster.

I'm very pleased with the update and even more so that livernois is taking the time and energy to update the tunes for improvement. A tuner I've used in the past either doesn't update or charges for any updates. Kudos to livernois and you've gained a repeat customer.

Back