Locking Glove Box | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Locking Glove Box

resurrecting this thread to see if any body has come up with a way to get their glove boxes or center consoles to lock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i could sell you a kit for $50 to convert your glovebox or center console into a locking one (of course, i will post pics ASAP) PM or email me if anyone is interested

I have an 04 Eddie Bauer. I do not have a locking glove box. Brokenman, you said you do not have the key too yours. You should be able too use the ignition key.

Originally posted by MONMIX
I guess Ford doesn't care if our gloves get stolen
:(

I often worry about my gloves at night too...i would feel soo much better if that lock was there so i could lock my gloves up.....stupid thiefs :)

i use mine a lot. since im in college, and im also driving college kids around(reread: DRUNK college kids) i find they are always messing with my many cool "toys" in my truck. i have the master enable/disable for my emergency lights (strobes, wigwags, arrowstik, lightbar) in there which I can lock, so someone cannot, say, flip down my flatlighter and turn it on(yes I can get in trouble for pulling someone over if its not a bona fide emergency) plus, its downright annoying. also, i can keep the faceplate for my stereo in there, and other "personal" items in there, since my parents also sometimes ride in and drive my car when i'm at home(they dont have a glovebox key and the ignition key DOES NOT work in there). last thing i want is my mom to be looking through the glovebox and find a pipe or something.

Solution:
Keep a ruler by the seat on your side (or visor) and BIP them like a pissed NUN if they go reaching for the glove box, that will teach 'em.

Back