Lockout hubs what to choose.

Ford_Racing_Guy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spencer, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT & '98 XLT AWD
ok i did run some searches before hand but i didn't find exactly what i was looking for.

now before winter starts i mean to pull the front end of my explorer apart again and replace the u-joints on the axleshaft cause they are bad, and i plan on putting lockouts on instead of those crap autohubs which i should have done away with along time ago.

now I've look on the net for Warn lockouts and the most decent pricei found was on summit racing and they were on clearance for 123 bucks!!! now i should have ordered them right away as they are now sold out....crap they were regularly 178 plus the kit,

well now i'm looking in the Milemarkers which i've heard are mediocre's and are ok for stock purposes which will be all i need them for, anyways they run for 119 and with the kit 40 extra.

but summit also has the Superwinch hubs for 154.....i haven't heard much on superwinch. has anybody ran them? what did you think of them? warn quality or mm quality or an inbetween?

i've looked at the local carquest and they only have Warn and those are over 220 bucks without the adapter kit!

any feedback is fine.

thanks ahead of time.

Back