• Register Today It's free!

longer brake hoses

93xplorersport

Reaction score
City, State
paris, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport 4x4
is there a certain vehicle i can get longer brake hoses off of(front and Back) and it fit my truck or will i have to get a book out and go that route

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

superlift extended brake lines..

is there a more cost effective way? some oem rubber hoses would be fine i just dont know what vehicle(s) to look at

look at your drivers side line. up by the top of the coil where the brake line is, coming from the caliper does it split off into 2 hard lines or just one?

depending on that will change which line you buy.

so far i bought some f250 superduty lines, waiting for the drivers side to come in. i still have to check and see if they work or not

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274882

Super Duty brake line part numbers:
NAPA Part# 381184 for the drivers side, NAPA Part# 381186 for the passenger side. The driver side F250 line does have the "T" needed for the 91-92 Explorers.

However, I think 93-94 Explorer is 4 wheel ABS and does not have the "T" built into the drivers side line. I guess it can be plugged on the NAPA line.. or that year SD may have a 4 wheel ABS option (thus providing no "T" on the drivers side line).

Autozone at this point lets me find and add to the cart what I need by myself. When I looked through em yesterday they have the option for 4 wheel abs or 2 wheel. I picked 2 wheel, I didn't check to see what 4 looked like.
They also ask if it has auto or manual hubs for some reason.

Ill cpmment back here if my lines don't work. If they don't ill prob order the above lines

Edit: fr the rear follow the softline up to the frame. There's a metal bracket holding the soft line to tje hard line. Just bend that bracket down below the frame rail. At full droop with SOA I have plenty of slack. Buti am using a 2nd gen axle, so your results may vary.

k. if this helps which it may. i have a 2 inch lift on it now and my back hose is stretched to the max when the truck is lifted my the frame and the axle is dropped all the way and im goin to add a 4 inch suspension lift to it so i figured if i need to replace it now i might as well replace it with the longer hoses to save money and headache later down the road

2" + 4"? or change the 2 to 4?
as i said i have a 2nd gen axle and the line is in a different spot on the axle now, but look for that tab on the frame, bend it down until you feel fonfortable with the length. it lowers the soft line going to the axle, basicly extending it.

ill take a pic of it when i get home if you dont find it

Keep in mind too that while you're driving/wheeling your truck, the rear end "pivots" or see-saws left/right. That is, when one wheel is stuffed, the other is usually drooping... so you don't need as much line as one thinks, since the center of the axle remains somewhat static. But yes, it's good to have plenty of line JIC you get airborne and the rear suspension is totally hanging. LOL

My truck is SOA rear, with factory lines and a little tweaking like Xeek said. Plain first gen. axle for me, btw.

what about the center brake line on the back axle

there is a part number in my sas tread for a '96 or something f150 4x4 one that fits and is longer. That is what I have.

Xeek it will be 4 plus 2.

And ned yea I would feel better having more than needed for the jic situations. And for the fronts I figured I'd just add the added distance and I'd be ok

I just got my local 4x4/offroad shop to build me custom lines. I think they came in around $40 a line... and WAY better quality than the Stupidlift garbage that came with my lift...

I'll echo what KP said. I got a local hydraulic shop to make mine. I just took the old line in and told them I needed the same thing just X inches longer

I just got my local 4x4/offroad shop to build me custom lines. I think they came in around $40 a line... and WAY better quality than the Stupidlift garbage that came with my lift...

i had a local shop do mine it was like $12ish for 6" added to it

i did a little more reading on extended brake hoses and i came up with a hose just to splice into the stock hoses including the center rear hose the napa part number is 36593 for me it works but for someone else it may not but its a idea none the less

Back