• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a cat-back!

monkeydude3

Reaction score
City, State
Millbrook, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
My mom has a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L SOHC and she wants me to put an exhaust kit on it. We would LIKE to have a dual outlet at the rear setup, if possible... if not the side exit will be fine.

Anyone know where I can get a kit for this? I've looked all over and have only found a few setups. How tough is it to swap on this truck?

Any input, let me know, thanks!

George

OH and does anyone have a sound clip of their setup that they could share? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP

anyone??

The only kits with dual outlets out the back AFAIK are from HeartThrob and Magnaflow. J.C. Whitney has HeartThrob, most of the mail order houses (4Wheel Parts, Summit, Jeg's) have Magnaflow. Otherwise you're looking at getting a custom-bent system, which may actually be cheaper.

is it possible to get a dual outlet exhaust bent to exit before the rear tire, like the lightening? i saw a picture of someone's that had dual tips exiting at an angle before the rear right tire and i really think thats the look i would want....or is that a totally custom job?

i would go custom on this one. thats what i have on my explorer. its alot cheaper, but maybe not as easy as a bolt on kit.

got any pics or specs of the custom job

yes i do, but im new here, and can't figure out how to post images. if u lemme know, i'll post them for u!

which url thing do i use in photobucket? id email them, but my emails acting up.

DSC05247-1.jpg

DSC05263.jpg

DSC05262.jpg

DSC05264.jpg

DSC05265.jpg

DSC05266.jpg

The Pics Go From the rear to the front. its a 3" the whole way. with two glass packs, which were about $36 each. its still carbourated, so it will pass inspection, but it has a realy nice rumble to it!:D

looks good but not quite what i was looking for. i was more looking for two tips next to each other exiting in front of the tire...not after.

thanks though

sure, np. u could still do that though, just run both pipes back until the axle (as shown) and then jump them over the axle and just bring them both out together. just a thought

looks good but not quite what i was looking for. i was more looking for two tips next to each other exiting in front of the tire...not after.

If you do it that way, they'd be awful close to the rear door and people's legs who get into the back seat. Also not legal in all states.
I think Gibson has a system with two pipes exiting behind the rear wheel.

hmmm, thats true, and it would have to exit below the nerf bars... i'll look into the gibson one

As for that hearthrob kit from JC whitney, is that meant to fit on an 01 explorer sport trac, like do they have one for it? I really would like to do this exhaust swap myself and as such a kit that bolts up would be nice.

My mom is actually getting on me about getting the parts ordered she really wants me to start helpin her mod her truck!

Thanks guys!!!

I offer a MAC system as well as the others mentioned!

Back