Looking for a Rock Solid Tire Carrier Hinge? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a Rock Solid Tire Carrier Hinge?

Well then Look no further!

Rockstomper Real World 4x4 Parts have come up with a do-it-yourselfer tire carrier hinge, that you can use when making your Custom Spare Tire Carrier.

Depending on how well your bumper is it should be able to hold upwards to 1000-pounds. Yup you get all this for a good price too! $40, thats right thats all it cost! well plus shipping.

http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm

hinge2.jpg

hinge3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or make one yourself...

I'll have mine done in 1 week, same style, slightly nicer bumper.

www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

Cheers
Dale

So I guess if we were making a bumper, then we could use this hinge on it? Or will it go on the stock bumper?

This is for a Custom Application!

It will not work with the stock bumper alone!

Hmm i'm thinking of just modifying the stcok bumper to make it fit. Thanks for the info chris!

Sweet. . .that is exactly what I was looking for.
A hinge with bearings instead of bushings.

Custom rear carrier here we come. . .:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dead Link Removed

If you use the whole hub, then you can 'lock out' the hub with the carrier swung out so that it doesn't swing back and hit you when opened on hills.

Cheers
Dale

Originally posted by tiessen

If you use the whole hub, then you can 'lock out' the hub with the carrier swung out so that it doesn't swing back and hit you when opened on hills.
Wow. . .thats pretty creative

Back