Looking for Center Console for 03 ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Center Console for 03 ST

gguerra

Reaction score
City, State
McAllen, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac 4x4
I broke the arm rest on my 03' Sport Trac. There are repair kits available that replace the plastic under the arm rest with a more sturdy metal BUT the ones I have seen only go up to the 2002 model. So I could either pay $60+ to see if it works on my 2003 or look for an alternative. I decided to look to replace the whole console with something that has a compartment with a lid (and a key if possible) as well as other storage space and cup holders. I measured the factory console and it is 25" long (approx), 7" wide and 8" to 12" high (with the armrest which is broken). I'm wondering if I buy a universal fit console how difficult it would be to adapt and mount. Also I have a manual transmission which makes the console shorter than one with a automatic I think). Most consoles for sale I have seen are for Jeep. What gives? Is there no aftermarket for Fords?

Has anyone here mounted a replacement console on their explorer/sport trac and if so where did you find it? I kind of dont want to spend around $100 without knowing it will actually fit.. Thx in advance

Back