Looking for Henson tune 5.0 TMH & spacer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Henson tune 5.0 TMH & spacer

skpyle

Reaction score
City, State
Blacksburg, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited 5.0 AWD
Hello Gentlemen,

This is a desperate, kiss-ass plea for help. James Henson burned an excellent 93 octane tune for my 1999 5.0L AWD Explorer at the end of 2013. Since then, I have gathered a set of Torque-Monster Headers, a Trick Flow 1" phenolic spacer, and various bits to install them.

However, like many of the rest of you, I am high and dry without Henson to burn another tune for me.

So...would anyone who has a Henson tune for a 5.0L with Torque-Monster Headers and a phenolic spacer running 93 octane be willing to SELL me a copy of their tune?

I have considered contacting Lasota Racing, but I am not sure if they can help me from a distance. To Henson, the 5.0L Explorer was a known quantity. If I can get a tune, I will probably to to Lasota for fine tuning of the tune. :D

Anyway, thanks for listening...

Seth K. Pyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only way someone could sell you their tune, is to give you the pcm, and hand held as well. don lasota will do a remote tune for us explorer guys if thats what you are after.

Hello vroomzoomboom,

Let me clarify. When I bought tunes from James, he e-mailed them to me. I downloaded the appropriate tune to my SCT tuner, then to the PCM on my Explorer.

I should have asked if anyone can sell me the e-mail file for the tune I am asking.

I am interested in working with Lasota. However, my concern is their familiarity with the 5.0L Explorer.

Thanks!

Seth K. Pyle

Alright, egg on my face. Vroomzoomboom, I missed where you said the magic words: "Don Lasota will do a remote tune for us Explorer guys if that's what you are after."

That is exactly what I am after. I want to have a suitable tune onhand when I install the headers and spacer.

Thanks, I will contact Lasota Racing.

Seth K. Pyle

Not to highjack the thread or anything, but is Henson completely out of the game now? I've tried to contact several times, but to no avail. I know he was busy with a project a while back but never heard anything more. Anybody know what the deal is?

All my e-mails have come back that as of October of 2015, Henson Performance is no more. I have heard rumors to the effect that he has moved on to other ventures in the automotive world, away from tuning and dyno work.

Take it for what it is worth...

Seth K. Pyle

I know this is an older thread but... Without Henson Performance (who also did my tuning a few years back)... Did you end up going with the Don Lasota tune and if so.. How did it go??? Thank you!!

Hello willzilla,

As of yet, I have not done anything. My intent is to contact Don Lasota at some point and go from there.
My faithful Explorer trundles on in daily driver duty as I waste all my time and money on my project Porsche 928. Once I get it to reliable driver status, I will take the Explorer off the road for upgrades.

Seth K. Pyle

Hello willzilla,

As of yet, I have not done anything. My intent is to contact Don Lasota at some point and go from there.
My faithful Explorer trundles on in daily driver duty as I waste all my time and money on my project Porsche 928. Once I get it to reliable driver status, I will take the Explorer off the road for upgrades.

Seth K. Pyle

Thank you for the info!

I have Jame's tune and it's still pretty good (I'm guessing.. Truck has been on jacks for years now but I had him hammer out a tune for me before I took truck offline and lost interest in it until recently lol). I got the tune after my TMH, CAI, lightning MAF, full exhaust install but since then had put in the 1" manifold spacer, electric fans, different t-stat (I think lol), electric waterpump, and was relocating my AF sensor from the rear of the truck to closer up front for better readings and was thinking of adding nitrous eventually so was trying to map out future tune adjustments or replacement if needed lol.

Back