Looking for Not for Profit to PIMP MY RIDE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for Not for Profit to PIMP MY RIDE

AGKRunner

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Ford Explorer XLT
Remember the MTV or VH1 show Pimp my Ride? Well with me working 60-70 hours a week, I have little time to noodle around with my '91 Explorer and give it the attention it deserves to get it back to its original glory. So I'm looking for a not for profit organization that may be looking for vehicles for their students to "play with", e.g., upgrade the vehicle and perhaps make it even better than new. I can donate the money to the organization for all of the parts and all I want is the knowledge that the vehicle will work when I get it back AND that the organization will take this project seriously - hopefully they can use it as a successful case study to recruit new students.

I figured this is a better and more fun way to help restore my '91 Explorer and would allow some creative students to do some neat things with the vehicle performance, audio, and interior.

Hopefully they can turn it into the most awesome running and triathlon support vehicle ever to help promote our non profit that supports children's running.

I live in NE Ohio and am open to any recommendations/inquiries.
Thanks!

Good luck with that. I can't think of anyone doing this kind of thing:dunno:

Vocational schools usually do offer discounted auto repair services, just like cosmetology schools offer discounted haircuts or beauty services, but you won't find any discounted/free "pimp my ride" schools or anything like that. You might find discounted paint/body work at a vocational school that has it, though.

Your best bet is to try and get on "pimp my ride" type shows, or do some legwork and find customizing shops in the state that would do some work in exchange for stickers and ads on your windows and stuff.

Really though it just sounds like you want something for almost nothing, and you even want others to do the work of finding the people to do it for you.

Get off your butt and inquire yourself. Make phone calls, visit in person. If you really have a need for a company vehicle that is used for a charity, I'm sure a lot of companies, both local shops and even national big names, would be willing to donate parts and labor. If you're just looking to have your personal vehicle customized and you're exploiting a charitable organization to do it, that's going to come back to bite you.

I'm pretty sure a legit charity could just get a local dealership or big name company to chip in and give them a vehicle, or lease them one for free.

I wouldnt let Pimp My Ride touch my truck If I had no money or time! I dont need 37 tv's and a paint over dirt paint job on my truck. I love cheeseburgers but I dont need a make shift Burger King that dont work in the back of my truck either. As far as tunes go, the "Ghetto Blaster" systems they do on that show are easy and cheap to build. I know you do not mean to particularly have them build your truck, I just had to vent a little about that show lol.

Do what most of us did, get a case of beer and a buddy and just hang out in the garage with your truck. When something comes to mind, fix it - or customize it, or just rebuild it to get the knowledge and experiance.

Good luck with your project!

Back