Looking for some easier areas to offroad in western washington | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for some easier areas to offroad in western washington

mysticclam

Typo King
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Does anyone have any good places to wheel that are pretty easy in western washington. I live in tacoma but go down around long beach several times a month and am looking for some places to start offroading. My rig is stock except for 31s so i dont want to anything to tough yet. Is it legal to drive on the fire access roads?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Up here in washington there is two groups on this site, those who can play hard and those who can't. At this point you don't want to folow me but I am sure Albino94 and dreamr while chime in shortly and give you some directions

jrgaylor said:
Up here in washington there is two groups on this site, those who can play hard and those who can't. At this point you don't want to folow me but I am sure Albino94 and dreamr while chime in shortly and give you some directions

You mean those who don't mind crushing sheet metal, and those who like to keep their rig pretty :D

I think I could follow you, I just know that I damn well don't want too ;)

pretty? my rig is pretty, in its own sorta way.

Pretty is only sheetmetal deep, true beauty is whats inside

There's only one REALLY PRETTY truck :D

and we all drive it ;)

come on guys im wondering too.

The only SW area I know of is Tahuya by Belfair and half of it is closed due to logging. Sorry Kev.

Do some scouting and post you results.

The logging at Tahuya is complete and the trailheads are open :thumbsup:
The south loop has been dug out so you need some suspension and there is afew new trails so i have heard.

Maybe towards the end of the month I would be willing to lead a trail run to tahuya if you guys wanted to go????

I can find some recent video and pics I will post them later

jrgaylor said:
Maybe towards the end of the month I would be willing to lead a trail run to tahuya if you guys wanted to go????
Now THAT would be interesting :D

Who would like to go to Tahuya and on which day would work best the 22 or 29 of October?

Either one works for me :D

I'm gonna wish I had a locker though :rolleyes:

Before setting a date I will see what other peoples are doing.

Yep lockers :D it is a bad thing to lift a wheel if you don't have them

I wonder if I can get one for my Birthday :cool:

Albino 94LTD said:
I wonder if I can get one for my Birthday :cool:

One what? tire of the ground :D

If you get a auto locker they are easy to put in, tell mama you need a powertrax no-slip :thumbsup:

Gotta be selectable, we play in the snow.

You may as well bite the bullet and get dual arbs and 4.56 gears and be done with it. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dreamr said:
Now we are talking, then I get those 3.73's for the mustang :D
I'm taking donations :D

Back