Looking to put some mods on my Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to put some mods on my Explorer

USNExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey everyone. I'm looking to throw some mods on my 2008 Explorer XLT. Its the 4.0 V6 4x4. I want it to be a little faster, have more power, be a little stronger. Overall just want better performance so I can have some fun with it. I also want to do some cosmetics.If you have any recommendations for parts, maybe even where to find them, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The plastic trim on the outside can be painted with Duplicolor paints made for the job. For a few dollars the outside trim can look like new.

http://5startuning.com/product/1-7015-x4-flash-devices/

Ik it seems like a lot but there reviews and videos seem to show proof they work and they use the best technology around, worth looking into if you have some spare $$

Also jet mass airflow sensors and an advanced throttle body's will help out

with the weak engine and timebomb tranmisson the only thing you should do is debadge the exterior

Time bomb transmission was on the 2002-2005 explorers.
Ours is just a Could be a time bomb transmission.

Mine ended up being a time bomb. Just had to have $1800 of transmission work done on it unfortunately

Yep, im scared to do anything more than an exhaust on mine. I've sunk 1200 into the trans already and im pretty sure im having coolant problems. I've blown 2 thermostat housings within a year by simply nearing redline. I love it but im not sure the thousands in repair costs down the road would be worth the performance mods now.

As ****ty as the problems are for me I still have a huge smile on my face every time I look at my explorer... 2,100 on trans (went twice since redone) , 400 on cats, and 200 on a radiator and 400 on a water pump and belt... But well worth it...

I did projector headlights and was real happy with that. Looks cool but also has a ton of functionality.

I went ahead and did bright LEDs for my buddle light and reverse.

I did add a K&N drop in air filter but it was more for MPGs for me.

Back