Low voltage and no crank no start with full battery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low voltage and no crank no start with full battery

Tripp595

Reaction score
City, State
Safford, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer sport trac
My sport trac is showing low system voltage with a fully charged battery sitting at 12.6 volts, I have checked all relays, fuses and wires at the fuse boxes. I have replaced the battery and alternator but it still shows low voltage. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My sport trac is showing low system voltage with a fully charged battery sitting at 12.6 volts, I have checked all relays, fuses and wires at the fuse boxes. I have replaced the battery and alternator but it still shows low voltage. Any ideas?
voltage tegulator?

How did you check the relays and fuses? Did you use a volt meter?

You have 12.6 at the battery, what is the voltage in the fuse panel?

Did you check the high current fuse on the alternator's wiring? Is there an alarm system disabling the starter or the ignition system?
My pats system is active, but I read that the low system voltage could cause the pats to disable the vehicle

Looking at a wiring diagram, looks like at the alternator, the red and green wire is what turns the regulator on, goes to the instrument cluster. Are you sure the ground wires are ok?

Looking at a wiring diagram, looks like at the alternator, the red and green wire is what turns the regulator on, goes to the instrument cluster. Are you sure the ground wires are ok?
The grounds are reading 0.4 ohms and the wires are reading 12.32v

Back