Lowered w/1" blocks but left side is lower | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowered w/1" blocks but left side is lower

EZEric81

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clara University, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Hey guys, I just lowered my X via 1" blocks and the TT. The right torsion bolt came all the way out, while the left bolt was only backed out half way. And obviously the blocks in the rear were of equal length. However my X slants to the left. I find this kind of odd considering the right bolt was completely removed and the blocks in the back are the same length. Any ideas?

I'll try to post some pics when I can if that will help. I also recently put on some Cobra R's with 265/60/17 Kumho tires, and I'm considering the EE or honest charley's airdam next. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its due to your leaf springs.. the gas tank is on the left side and due to that most trucks slant to the left.. try doing a search this has been talked about a lot.

Mike

Mike is right, if you want to try and even it out swap your leaf springs. Put the left ones on the right and right on left. See if that helps.

Originally posted by EZEric81
I'm considering the EE or honest charley's airdam next.

Where do you plan to get the Honest Charlie Airdam? Have you shopped around to find the lowest price yet? I might be interested in one as well.

Hey guys thanks for the input. I will probably try swapping the leaf springs and see how that works. However, in most of the other threads, the problem with the sag seemed to be due to the weight of the driver and the gas tank. Mine was fine at stock height until I lowered it. Then it immediately started slanting. But swapping souinds like a good idea and I will try that for now.

As for the airdam, the only place I've seen it on sale is Honest Charley's website. $159 isn't a bad price but its the paint cost that's making me hestitant.

Re: Re: Lowered w/1" blocks but left side is lower

Originally posted by X-factor
Where do you plan to get the Honest Charlie Airdam? Have you shopped around to find the lowest price yet? I might be interested in one as well.
you can only get the Honest Charlie airdam at Honest Charlies. they make the 'dam, and are the only ones that sell it. its very rugged built for a fiberglass 'dam, and came in great shape/needed only light sanding to get ready to paint.

Thanks, James. I saw it on some guys white truck here yesterday... kinda inspired me a little. ;)

Back