• Register Today It's free!

Lowering a 05' XLT ?

Kathy

Reaction score
City, State
SD Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
I did a bunch of searches here so now I must ask. I also looked on the net and it appeared that lowering springs from companies like Ground Force and Belltech were the standard for lowering this vehicle. But they only go about 1.6" and 2"/2.5" respectively. And the Belltech site says theirs work on 05' but most dealers show them only going to 04'.

I put 285/40R22 tires/wheels on but they are 15 offset in lieu of the factory 35 and I have had no problems with them rubbing anything.

I have about 5 1/2" of clearance from tire to wheel well at this time. I would like to minimize it as much as possible for asthetic reasons.

I did learn on my searches here that ride comfort with my lower profile tires and lowering would be negatively affected. If I can wear high heels to look good...I can stand a bumpy ride to look good goin down the road.

What is the best way to lower and what is the max you believe I should without creating a mechanical problem?

Please do not double post. I deleted your other thread in Modified 02-05s... this one is still up for discussion.

-Drew

Back