lowering front through T.T

97slpss

Reaction score
City, State
north nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer xlt
whatsup guys first post here!!

I attempted to the T.T this morning to lower my front end( to even it with the rear) It seems like the general conceses was two twists is two inches...well I did more then that and the front only dropped a 1/2 inch..It also seems like one bolt is longer then the other?? Is it possobile the front was already worked on, or is there is a settling period?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did mine with lowering keys but I did have the same problem with my pass side. that screw is almost all the way out while my drivers side is about 1/2 way out. I think this is due to the gastank being on that side. It seems like every X is different. I have heard of some guys getting 3 or more out of a TT. Don't forget to get it alligned.

I lowered the front of my explorer 1.25" by turning the bars down, it takes some time to do though. After adjusting the bolt you need to drive the truck to settle the suspension. Took me 3 tries before getting it right. And like Fabbed said, don't forget to get an alignment afterwords and adjust your headlights

to settle the torsion bars just drive around the block once and then check it. Then just keep adjusting from there to get your desired amount of lowering. Im not too sure about lowering but for lifting it is a lot more than 2 twists for 2 inches, so just twisting until you are happy :thumbsup:

Back