• Register Today It's free!

Lowering my 04' Questions..

loud04explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
I will be lowering my 04 limited at the end of this month when i get my bonus, I'll be using ground force springs. I know I need new shocks, but is oem fine? If not, what are some recommendations?? Also, My truck is on 24's, so will there be any other mods i need to do with the suspension? I'm not worried about rubbing, i have plenty of clearance, tires are 255/30's. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody has suggestions?

I went with the kyb Struts...they give the truck a stiff and hard ride but theyre also pretty good on smooth highway ....I also installed the eibach sway bar kit...truck handles good ...if u want a softer ride maybe another option would be the best bet...goodluck

wow brought this thread back, unfortunately i still haven't lowered it due to have another kid but i actually went to stylin trucks today to order them and i noticed it said they were only for the 4.0v6..will they still work for the 4.6v8?

Yeah, King Springs list the same way, only for the v6, however I've seen plenty of v8 with them.

I have a set of modified aftermarket lowering springs for sale $100 plus shipping.

They are for the 4.6 and the rear springs have about a coil or so taken out to level the ride.

They are only 6 months old.

I also have a set of 20" Black and machined rims and Kuhmo tires shown in the picture they are 6 months old.
$1300

$(KGrHqYOKj!E5W9!lpC!BOiw0,rwL!~~60_58.jpg

I have a set of modified aftermarket lowering springs for sale $100 plus shipping.

They are for the 4.6 and the rear springs have about a coil or so taken out to level the ride.

They are only 6 months old.

I also have a set of 20" Black and machined rims and Kuhmo tires shown in the picture they are 6 months old.
$1300

How low will they put me? I already have a set of 24's, so not looking to drop it real low. I'd say 2" max, don't wanna deal with a whole lot of rubbing, or any for that matter. Thats why i was gonna go with the Ground Force, because they were 1.6/1.6

Back