22" lorenzo wl019, with ground force lowering springs. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" lorenzo wl019, with ground force lowering springs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if he's running them, i dont see why you couldnt ?

I am running 20's and the ride quality is marginal.

I have a friend running 22's. They don't rub, but the ride quality sucks.

Just make sure when running larger wheels, that your total tire diameter does not change. Then you won't have issues with rubbing and the drop kit won't affect anything.

I am running 20's and the ride quality is marginal.

I have a friend running 22's. They don't rub, but the ride quality sucks.

Just make sure when running larger wheels, that your total tire diameter does not change. Then you won't have issues with rubbing and the drop kit won't affect anything.

Can you elaborate on the ride quality a little? I'm going to 22's in the spring (damn Canadian winters!!!) We have some pretty rough roads out here....

And to OP, these wheels are great...I think he used a spacer on these wheels, because when I looked them up the had too much back spacing...

I got that guy to sign up on here a few months ago. He has a great looking ride and similar taste as me, but his attitude was a little............rough.

Let me search through the 3rd gen pic thread to find his name and maybe you can try PMing him for details.

EDIT: Dang I'm fast:D His name is Gonzmexican. Good luck:) Also, JarvisB may be someone to talk with, he has 22's and GF springs I believe.

I got that guy to sign up on here a few months ago. He has a great looking ride and similar taste as me, but his attitude was a little............rough.

Let me search through the 3rd gen pic thread to find his name and maybe you can try PMing him for details.

EDIT: Dang I'm fast:D His name is Gonzmexican. Good luck:) Also, JarvisB may be someone to talk with, he has 22's and GF springs I believe.

Gonzmexican was the the guy with the XLS and red painted calipers...I stalk both their cardomain pages....the other guy is someone else....

And to the OP, I was mistaken about these rims, I tried finding the specs and couldn't even find them to fit our 5 x 4.5 hub.

I also like these from Boss Motorsports:

333-Black-Striped_400px.jpg

BOSS 333, 22x9" with a +12mm offset...

They stick out about 57mm more and have 7mm more inner clearance....

Use this website to calculate the offset(stock is 16x7" +44mm):

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

well this way i know what to shop for,

what 22" dimensions do i need?

20x9, 20x9.5?

5x4.5?

offset?

im very very confused.

well this way i know what to shop for,

what 22" dimensions do i need?

20x9, 20x9.5?

5x4.5?

offset?

im very very confused.

Is your car dropped? If not, I'm pretty sure you can use any low offest rim (12 to 25mm) between 9in to 10in....You need to make sure that your tire diameter will be the same as your stock size. 1010tires has a tire calculator.

I'm no expert, but the math makes sense.....if your car is lowered, then the rim sticking out more might become an issue (ie rubbing on the finder)

my car is not dropped yet no.

and the boss 333 rims are 20x8.5 so does that mean they wont fit?

I've only looked into the 22" rims. They8.5 should fit fine if the offset is between 25 and 44....keyword should....again...use this link to see how much they extend in each direction....go to your car with a ruler and measure the extension against your current rim....you'll get a good estimate of what can be done.

well crap, those were 20" rims

the 22" rims are
22x9.5 with a 35mm offset..

so i take it these wont fit then?

I keep telling you what to do and you keep asking the same question....

You have to use an adapter to make those Lorenzos fit on our lug pattern. That's why his stick out just a tad. I like the way that truck looks, but the guy is full of himself and thinks that everyone who has anything similar to his is trying to copy him, and he's bitter about it. And well, obviously some people are , but why not be flattered? Anyway, I have 22s and my truck is VERY low. It rubs when I hit big bumps, but turns are fine. The ride quality is very rough, and sometimes bouncy, but it handles like it's on rails. It gets old fast if you drive it a lot on crappy roads. Still, it's worth it for me.

Here is a crappy Iphone pic of mine:

adg4t3.jpg

Pic didn't show....there is a similar wheel style on ebay ....the manufacturer is "dropstars" and they are very cheap...about $900 for a set.....never heard of them....so who knows

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet ride jluv!! One of these days I'm going to break down and finally get some GF springs and some 20s so the ride isn't so bad.

Back