LPG installation question

jcasey007

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jeep Commander 5.7L HEMI
Hi all

My 97 has a Millenium Regmatic closed loop system (installed before I got it) and on the whole I have it running very well. One niggle I have is the idle speed regulation, Perfect on petrol but on gas it always runs fast and varies by up to 400 RPM.

I've fitted a new vaporiser, the stepper motor does not regulate at idle, but yesterday whilst escaping from the kids I was tiding up some of the LPG wiring I noticed that a wire had been spliced into the feed of the IAC valve.

Having slept on this am I right in assuming the IAC valve is kept fully open when on gas by the Regmatic controller? Would this account for the poor idle regulation ?

I know there are many different LPG controllers out there but only one explorer, is this how your gas ex is also set up?

When I'm allowed to tinker today, I'll measure the voltage when on gas and petrol, as I understand it the voltage should vary (on petrol) to open the valve to keep the speed steady so I should see the voltage difference on gas

cheers and Happy Christmas

Jim

when i removed my lpg single point, only basic wiring was to the coil pack, throttle sensor and injector emulator (just requird unplugging it and re plugging in the factory harness plugs), the rest was on the lpg gadgets.

Back