• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust

OFC4630

Reaction score
City, State
MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
I know the exhaust pipe before the exhaust flange is 2.25 in. I just installed a 2.5 inch Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust. What size exhaust flange gasket (donut) am I suppose to install?

I know the exhaust pipe before the exhaust flange is 2.25 in. I just installed a 2.5 inch Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust. What size exhaust flange gasket (donut) am I suppose to install?
I just got done mine and the guy just welded it to the plate that bolts together. I am new so I not sure if I can post pictures.

If it's a cat back kit and assuming the original pipe is there and unmolested, it should be a factory type "ball" connection. The cat back kit will bolt onto the flange with either the original bolts or else will come with new bolts. There's no gasket on stock ford exhaust connections, save for manifolds, but that doesn't apply here.

I just put a magnaflow catback on my expedition, it was the same way....no gasket, just the ball connection, and the two bolts. Bolt 'er in, leave it loose, assemble all the pieces, adjust as needed, then snug everything down and enjoy it. Sounds great, FWIW.

I just order the same thing for my '06 Explorer. Loud pipes save lives.

Back