Manik Fog light installation help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manik Fog light installation help

drdan976

Reaction score
I need some help here. I just installed the Manik Brushgard and boy does it look great. It took a bit over 3hrs to install it my self. I will post pics when I get a chance to wash the car :)

Here is my problem. I am trying to install some Manik auxillary fogs in my 98 EB/V8 Explorer. I've ran into a snag because I do not know what wire to tap into for the extra set of lights. The instructions say that I should tap into the low beam or high beam. I personally think that I just need to tap into a accessory hot wire or ingition hot wire. The problem is which colored wire is it? Ive looked under the steering column and found a HUGE!!! bundle of wires. Which one can I tap into??

Thank in advanced.

Dan

I just ran my own lead directly from the battery. This way I can have my aux. lights on anytime I want.

on all my lights I brought the wire tap through the firewall and tapped in to the radio fuse... that way the lights can only be on when the vehicle is on! Really though its up to you... do you want the lights on only when the car is on, only when the headlights are on, only when the brights are on, or whenever you want?

Well, I ran a lead from the battery too, I want the lights to be on when I have the lights on only.

Originally posted by Alec
I just ran my own lead directly from the battery. This way I can have my aux. lights on anytime I want.

Back