Parts or services wanted

92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
Does anyone have an extra shifter/ shifter bracket and linkage for a manual BW 1354 case? Im looking to convert my 93 explorer. The ranger/explorer linkage is kind of a tough find in some quick searches ive done.

I know this is a popular item, so im betting there won't be many responses, but its worth a shot.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I don't know if it's still there but there was a manual first gen at the junkyard with a manual t case. If it is still there I will let you know. I don't know when I will go look.

Seen one at my junkyard awhile ago. I actually started dismantling it lol.
If you could grab that I'd be grateful! PM me if you get a chance to get back to it.

They are getting hard to find. I actually bought a entire Explorer just for this part. I paid $300 for it, and that was the going rate for linkage a few years ago.

Yeah, i can find the t cases all over the place, but that linkage is elusive. I found a couple listings on ebay that show whole vehicles. I emailed the seller to find out if the shifter can be included. I haven't heard back yet. Most junkyard listings that show a vehicle, dont have that vehicle any longer. They only have a small inventory of what it once was. At least that's been my experience over the years.

I may go to green sales and get ford part numbers. Maybe then i could locate everything piece by piece if needed.

If you could grab that I'd be grateful! PM me if you get a chance to get back to it.
Hey I don't know how to pm. I went and looked and it's still there. The problem with getting the linkage off is they will have to put the SUV on stands for me. They have not been able to jump right on that last few times I asked. Here's a couple pics. Well I can't seem to post the pics right now.lol I see how to start a conversation with you but it still
looks hard to insert a picture.

Just sent you a PM. Im not certain why we cant post pics here. It could have been something i did when i opened the thread.

Back