MFT and MirrorLink? Anyone tried it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT and MirrorLink? Anyone tried it?

ARS1

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 XLT Platinum White
Just got a new Note 4 and it has mirror link. Says to use a USB cable to mirror the phone one the screen BUT the vehicle must support mirrorlink.... It's a long shot as is everything else with MFT but has anyone got it to work? I haven't tried it yet as my wife drives it and schedules are crazy but with break coming up I'll have some free time.

Not supported. The MFT doesn't support any type of app link capabilities.

Yeah that figures.... Makes me want to sell the stupid thing not being able to do things people can do in cars half the price. If it didn't control nearly everything in it I'd rip the stupid thing out and go aftermarket.

I guess it's not the Explorer that bugs me as much as the 2014 Raptor in the garage... Here we have a $70k truck after options installed and I can't even mirror my phone on the screen. It's pathetic that something can't be done to at least upgrade the existing software with such a big company to give us the ability to do things folks driving kias can do yet I can only dream and change my wallpaper!

You are preaching to the choir. MFT started with big thoughts in the inner workings of Ford but ended up being an epic failure.

Back