MFT Bluetooth Phone and Different Bluetooth Media | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Bluetooth Phone and Different Bluetooth Media

bigzaj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
My 2009 F150 with Sync allows me to have my phone and ipad connected simultaneously. The phone as a phone and ipad as Bluetooth media. I can't seem to do the same with my explorer. It will disconnect the phone automatically when I try to connect my ipad, although it occasionally leaves the phone as a media device showing 2. But for the life of me I don't know why it connects the ipad as a phone.

Any help on this?

I will have to test this when I'm home this evening. The only way around this would be to connect the iPad to Sync via USB.

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I do know that having my iPhone and my wife's iPhone both paired makes it throw fits.

Half the time when I'm the only one in the vehicle and I select bluetooth as a source it will go off searching for her phone, even though mine is already connected and her phone is no where near.

I just tried this and had the same result as you, bigzaj. My suggestion is to reconnect your phone to SYNC, via the Bluetooth Settings in your phone, after your iPad connects. It will then make your iPad and phone available for Bluetooth audio, and your phone will be connected for calls.

Rebecca

Back