MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I can check it for you. Just shoot me a PM with your VIN. :)

We track software versions for numerous reasons; here's a few of them:

- It helps our website know what information to provide you with.
- In order for me and your dealership to troubleshoot concerns properly, we need to know what software you're running.
- It ensures you don't get letters or emails if we decide to mail/email a reminder to everyone that hasn't updated.

I'm glad your update when well!

Rebecca

Apparently it doesnt work with dealership.
Everytime I updated MFT myself and confirmed successful installation on SyncMyRide after I visited a dealer for any reason like an oil change I saw in the worksheet: Upgrading MFT to most recent version. I guess its gonna happen again when I'll be visiting them :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine was successful as well but have no way of reporting it. There was no .xml file on my USB drive after the Installation Complete. There is no longer a 'Report a successful installation' option on syncmyride any more. Rebecca is checking into this. It isn't the first time I've had problems reporting a successful update.

BTW, I also had to set the rearview camera back to 'Delay'.

Peter

Peter,
Its strange, we are both in Canada and I got xml file placed in SyncMYRide folder on USB drive. Logging back in onto website gives me only option under Sync tab to confirm my installation since I had downloaded v3.8 before.
And when I do so everithing goes as expected it offers me to choose an xml file.
Though you have a Lincoln now, maybe there are some glitches over there...

yeah before the 3.8 update my Lg G3 would automatically connect to Bluetooth and resume playing and now it won`t connect sometimes and it won`t play or show any music available to play, i reset my phone and the MFT still no go. :thumbdwn::mad:

yeah before the 3.8 update my Lg G3 would automatically connect to Bluetooth and resume playing and now it won`t connect sometimes and it won`t play or show any music available to play, i reset my phone and the MFT still no go. :thumbdwn::mad:

Did you delete SYNC on your phone and then reconnect? You also might try deleting SYNC from your phone and your Phone from SYNC and then reverse pair them. To reverse pair(from memory so it may not be exact), on SYNC add device, when the window comes up there is a large button that says something like "have SYNC search for your device". Click that and follow directions.

LOL No worries! :)

This is why I push everyone to get their voices heard on our Social.Ford.com site. Having the navigation favorites save after an install was one of the top posts on there; our product engineers saw it, and ta-da! :)

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca!

some guys from the Russian forum got bad experience of installation. In process of updating there was a black screen. now screen Sync MTF always the black. It is possible to restore it at the dealer?

After re-booting and re-pairing my phone, everything is working as it was before the update.

Peter,
Its strange, we are both in Canada and I got xml file placed in SyncMYRide folder on USB drive. Logging back in onto website gives me only option under Sync tab to confirm my installation since I had downloaded v3.8 before.
And when I do so everithing goes as expected it offers me to choose an xml file.
Though you have a Lincoln now, maybe there are some glitches over there...
I think it was my error. I expected the file to be added to the drive in addition to the 3 that were there initially and therefore didn't open the Sync file. Rebecca sent me a link to use and I did then eventually open the Sync file and see the xml file and reported the update using it. Next time I'll know better. Never too old to learn. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Hi Rebecca!

some guys from the Russian forum got bad experience of installation. In process of updating there was a black screen. now screen Sync MTF always the black. It is possible to restore it at the dealer?

Try battery disconnect for 10 minutes.

Sync Version showing on the vehicle display?

Where in the vehicle display does the software version current running show up?
I know I found it before but I can't remember where it lives.

Bill

I think if you got to 'settings' and then 'help', it is there according to Rebbeca. :salute:

I think if you got to 'settings' and then 'help', it is there according to Rebbeca. :salute:

Thank you, that's where it was, performed the update now reads:
3.08.15128 EA10Product

TB

Hi Rebecca!

Vadgr,

If the screen is black and will not turn on, a dealership visit is needed. They'll be able to get the system working again.

2003vstrom,

I've seen a few good suggestions posted. Have you had the time to try any of them, or has the issue been resolved?

Shaay

I dont know if its a placebo effect, but I think the system is a little bit more responsive now...

I dont know if its a placebo effect, but I think the system is a little bit more responsive now...

I agree. I just updated mine this morning and it does seem quicker.

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum

Just picked up my new Explorer Platinum 4x4 10-7-2015 and had issues with my Navigation and other issues, this was on predelivery. Dropped off 10-8-2015 service Department they did a update and got back 10-9-2015. What a difference, the system works great. Better voice recognition, phone calls and texts. Would recommend all FordExplorer2016 4x4Platinum to check there build version. There needs to be a service built-in, epically to the sales department. :)

Vadgr,

If the screen is black and will not turn on, a dealership visit is needed. They'll be able to get the system working again.

2003vstrom,

I've seen a few good suggestions posted. Have you had the time to try any of them, or has the issue been resolved?

Shaay

I did do the Master reset and re-bluetoothed My lg g3 to the radio and still won`t let me play my music from my phone, It worked perfect before the 3.8 update. I have reset my phone and everything and nothing. :(

Just picked up my new Explorer Platinum 4x4 10-7-2015 and had issues with my Navigation and other issues, this was on predelivery. Dropped off 10-8-2015 service Department they did a update and got back 10-9-2015. What a difference, the system works great. Better voice recognition, phone calls and texts. Would recommend all FordExplorer2016 4x4Platinum to check there build version. There needs to be a service built-in, epically to the sales department. :)
Part of the problem is that this update came out as the 2016 models were coming out of the factory so it is likely that some will have the previous version installed. I would think that this is something that the dealer's pre delivery inspection should pick up and correct before the vehicle is delivered to the customer. Having said that, I don't know why you would have had issues with the previous version as it should have worked as well.

Peter

I did do the Master reset and re-bluetoothed My lg g3 to the radio and still won`t let me play my music from my phone, It worked perfect before the 3.8 update. I have reset my phone and everything and nothing. :(

Did you try as I suggested?

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum

Well you would think it should have worked, but it didn't. The voice command wouldn't cage from celis to fairint. Had other issues as well, salesman tryed master reset that didn't work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you would think it should have worked, but it didn't. The voice command wouldn't cage from celis to fairint. Had other issues as well, salesman tryed master reset that didn't work.
Do you still have the 2006 ford explorer xlt? If not, please update your profile or add the 2016 to your signature. Thanks.

Peter

Back