• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update extends warranty

huskerroo

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
This post could easily go in the stock section also and I haven't seen comments on it to date...

Did anyone else pick up in the letter that by doing and reporting the MFT update, the standard warranty on the system becomes 4 years from start date with unlimited miles??? I believe electronics are covered under the standard 3 yrs / 36K miles. That is a HUGE benefit as we are now @ ~ 10 months and 22K miles.

Received the update 3/22 (yesterday), updated this morning on the way to work. A little glitch stopped the updated so I called the 800 support number. They had me turn off car, open door, restart car. The process resumed to completion. I asked about the warranty mentioned above and Ryan (support person) confirmed it!

Time to play with the system but happy day!! Thanks Ford :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This post could easily go in the stock section also and I haven't seen comments on it to date...

Did anyone else pick up in the letter that by doing and reporting the MFT update, the standard warranty on the system becomes 4 years from start date with unlimited miles??? I believe electronics are covered under the standard 3 yrs / 36K miles. That is a HUGE benefit as we are now @ ~ 10 months and 22K miles.

Received the update 3/22 (yesterday), updated this morning on the way to work. A little glitch stopped the updated so I called the 800 support number. They had me turn off car, open door, restart car. The process resumed to completion. I asked about the warranty mentioned above and Ryan (support person) confirmed it!

Time to play with the system but happy day!! Thanks Ford :)

Really??? If indeed true, this is a sign of good news! :thumbsup:

When you say 4 years from start date. Do you mean start of when you purchased the vehicle or 4 years from the update.

When you say 4 years from start date. Do you mean start of when you purchased the vehicle or 4 years from the update.

4 Years from the purchase date.

4 years from the purchase date AND you MUST report your update on syncmyride.com

Definitely good news.

Does the dealer update syncmyride? Or do I have to do it?

I had to, as my dealer did not. Go to syncmyride.com and see what version you are running. If its not updated you can find instructions on smr on how to report it.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm not very up to speed on the computer stuff. This is all new to me.

Is this for 2011 and 2012 MY? Just curious as I have not recieved my package but did the install via SyncMyRide...

Thanks for sharing the info!!

- Joe

Is this for 2011 and 2012 MY? Just curious as I have not recieved my package but did the install via SyncMyRide...

Thanks for sharing the info!!

- Joe

I have a 2012 and the letter in my pack says it extends my coverage on the sync unit... I confirmed the installation via syncmyride once completed. I also did the upgarde early via the download. I just didn't "confirm" it until I got my pack and put the SD card in.

Note: If you did the upgrade on your own via the mailed package, you will need to insert your upgrade USB into your PC when confirming your install on the website....

Yep all of that

I agree with all the buzz on this forum... I said "by doing and reporting the MFT update" ;)

I have a 2011 so I assume a 2012 would be covered also.

I think that is a pretty strong thing for a company to do and appreciate the effort!

Note: If you did the upgrade on your own via the mailed package, you will need to insert your upgrade USB into your PC when confirming your install on the website....

..or run a Vehicle Health Report. This also registers the update.

Nice! Popped the USB Thumb Drive in the PC with IE running and SyncMyRide acknowledge the upgrade. I have a 5 year Ford Extended Warranty anyway, but very cool that Ford extended the factory warranty on the MFT system- well done.

Mine is a pre-May 2011 build, so had to go to the dealership. They made no mention of exteding MFT warranty.
My question is, for us that were mandated to go to the dealership, will we receive a letter in the mail stating that upon upgrade we have extended warranty?

Back