• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

MFT Update extends warranty

huskerroo

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
This post could easily go in the stock section also and I haven't seen comments on it to date...

Did anyone else pick up in the letter that by doing and reporting the MFT update, the standard warranty on the system becomes 4 years from start date with unlimited miles??? I believe electronics are covered under the standard 3 yrs / 36K miles. That is a HUGE benefit as we are now @ ~ 10 months and 22K miles.

Received the update 3/22 (yesterday), updated this morning on the way to work. A little glitch stopped the updated so I called the 800 support number. They had me turn off car, open door, restart car. The process resumed to completion. I asked about the warranty mentioned above and Ryan (support person) confirmed it!

Time to play with the system but happy day!! Thanks Ford :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
This post could easily go in the stock section also and I haven't seen comments on it to date...

Did anyone else pick up in the letter that by doing and reporting the MFT update, the standard warranty on the system becomes 4 years from start date with unlimited miles??? I believe electronics are covered under the standard 3 yrs / 36K miles. That is a HUGE benefit as we are now @ ~ 10 months and 22K miles.

Received the update 3/22 (yesterday), updated this morning on the way to work. A little glitch stopped the updated so I called the 800 support number. They had me turn off car, open door, restart car. The process resumed to completion. I asked about the warranty mentioned above and Ryan (support person) confirmed it!

Time to play with the system but happy day!! Thanks Ford :)

Really??? If indeed true, this is a sign of good news! :thumbsup:

2001Explorers

When you say 4 years from start date. Do you mean start of when you purchased the vehicle or 4 years from the update.

Tongo

Reaction score
City, State
Wenatchee, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Ltd
When you say 4 years from start date. Do you mean start of when you purchased the vehicle or 4 years from the update.

4 Years from the purchase date.

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
4 years from the purchase date AND you MUST report your update on syncmyride.com

Definitely good news.

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Does the dealer update syncmyride? Or do I have to do it?

I had to, as my dealer did not. Go to syncmyride.com and see what version you are running. If its not updated you can find instructions on smr on how to report it.

2001Explorers

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm not very up to speed on the computer stuff. This is all new to me.

jledvina

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsboro, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
Is this for 2011 and 2012 MY? Just curious as I have not recieved my package but did the install via SyncMyRide...

Thanks for sharing the info!!

- Joe

ModMiFord

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer LTD 4WD
Is this for 2011 and 2012 MY? Just curious as I have not recieved my package but did the install via SyncMyRide...

Thanks for sharing the info!!

- Joe

I have a 2012 and the letter in my pack says it extends my coverage on the sync unit... I confirmed the installation via syncmyride once completed. I also did the upgarde early via the download. I just didn't "confirm" it until I got my pack and put the SD card in.

Note: If you did the upgrade on your own via the mailed package, you will need to insert your upgrade USB into your PC when confirming your install on the website....

huskerroo

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Yep all of that

I agree with all the buzz on this forum... I said "by doing and reporting the MFT update" ;)

I have a 2011 so I assume a 2012 would be covered also.

I think that is a pretty strong thing for a company to do and appreciate the effort!

182RG

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT / '13 Touareg TDI
Note: If you did the upgrade on your own via the mailed package, you will need to insert your upgrade USB into your PC when confirming your install on the website....

..or run a Vehicle Health Report. This also registers the update.

pwscott

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Windsor County, VT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Silver Explorer ST
Callsign
N3KDJ
Nice! Popped the USB Thumb Drive in the PC with IE running and SyncMyRide acknowledge the upgrade. I have a 5 year Ford Extended Warranty anyway, but very cool that Ford extended the factory warranty on the MFT system- well done.

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
Mine is a pre-May 2011 build, so had to go to the dealership. They made no mention of exteding MFT warranty.
My question is, for us that were mandated to go to the dealership, will we receive a letter in the mail stating that upon upgrade we have extended warranty?