MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Why does support.ford say that I am currently up to date when clearly i am not? I got the letter in the mail, but the website says i am current.
Welcome to a small and exclusive club. If you read back through the posts, you will find that you are part of what appears to be a small minority that did not get the download posted to your account. Don't know why. I think you will either have to get the dealer to do it or ask the IVT gang to send you a USB drive with the update on it. That is what I have done. One of the members also provided the update software in hos post and a few members have used it to do their update. I'll wait for the mail.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to a small and exclusive club. If you read back through the posts, you will find that you are part of what appears to be a small minority that did not get the download posted to your account. Don't know why. I think you will either have to get the dealer to do it or ask the IVT gang to send you a USB drive with the update on it. That is what I have done. One of the members also provided the update software in hos post and a few members have used it to do their update. I'll wait for the mail.

Peter

I to have ordered the usb. Should be here this weekend.

Peter

I to have ordered the usb. Should be here this weekend.

I think I'll save gas and skip this update.
Did you ever install this update? I don't know about now but previous updates were all based on the latest one being installed. Therefore you were not able to 'skip' updates.

Peter

Just finished updating. This is the first update to wipe out my vast collection of wallpapers. Oh well.
Question: I noticed that we now have the option of having the time or date appear on the top line of the main Sync screen, but I see no where to actually update the current date. It defaults to Jan. 1. Anyone?

Is your calendar still showing January, Brenpatsa? If so, please send me a private message with your VIN.

Rebecca

Peter

I tried to find the post that had this link to download it (from Dropbox someone mentioned?). Can someone please post the link to the downloads or link to the post with the download for me?

I also do not get the download on my SYNC webpage.

Thanks a lot.
:exp:

I tried to find the post that had this link to download it (from Dropbox someone mentioned?). Can someone please post the link to the downloads or link to the post with the download for me?

I also do not get the download on my SYNC webpage.

Thanks a lot.
:exp:
Welcome to the Forum fpanther.:wavey:
I think another Calgarian just joined up today as well.
Have a look at post #34 for the link info.
I didn't have the download show up either so I contacted the IVT (In Vehicle Technology) people and requested that it be sent by mail on a USB drive. When I get it, then I'll update the MFT software.
Good luck. (Go Sens Go) ;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum fpanther.:wavey:
I think another Calgarian just joined up today as well.
Have a look at post #34 for the link info.
I didn't have the download show up either so I contacted the IVT (In Vehicle Technology) people and requested that it be sent by mail on a USB drive. When I get it, then I'll update the MFT software.
Good luck. (Go Sens Go) ;)

Peter

Thanks Peter!!

Yeah the link doesn't work anymore - I'll just request the drive like you did. Thanks again.

And although I am a Flames season ticket holder, I'm a lifelong Bruins fan, so sorry there Peter. LOL. ;)

I can't help but wonder how many Explorer owners out there don't know about the latest update because they don't have it showing as available on their SYNC account. So far it appears that there are quite a few forum members that didn't receive the download on their account.:scratch::dunno:

Peter

I can't help but wonder how many Explorer owners out there don't know about the latest update because they don't have it showing as available on their SYNC account. So far it appears that there are quite a few forum members that didn't receive the download on their account.:scratch::dunno:

Peter

I'd imagine there's a greater percentage that don't know about just because they never check their SYNC account.

Been over 3 weeks now since update and have to say still working like a charm. No slowdowns at all or any problems. This is a good sign!!

Has anyone else noticed any discrepancies in the speed limit displayed by the nav system since the update. What used to display as 75 mph now shows 74 mph. 65, 60, and 55 mph zones still display correctly. The previous version with the same nav card didn't have this issue.

Has anyone else noticed any discrepancies in the speed limit displayed by the nav system since the update. What used to display as 75 mph now shows 74 mph. 65, 60, and 55 mph zones still display correctly. The previous version with the same nav card didn't have this issue.

Do you have a specific road that it's showing 74 mph? I'll see if I can duplicate it on our system.

Rebecca

Do you have a specific road that it's showing 74 mph? I'll see if I can duplicate it on our system.

Rebecca

Yes. Try I-135 in Kansas and I-70 in Kansas and Colorado. All the limits on those two interstates that are 70 and below display correctly. When on the stretches that have 75mph limits the display shows 74. That covers about 500 miles of interstate.

3.6.2. Update on USB Drive

Has anyone who asked to receive the latest update from Ford via mail received theirs yet? I'm still waiting.

Peter

Has anyone who asked to receive the latest update from Ford via mail received theirs yet? I'm still waiting.

Hey Peter - Why not drive that wonderful Ex to your dealership and let them install the update? You need to roll that baby! You really need to put some miles/kilometers on that suv before winter keeps you confined from getting out!

JK:D

I have downloaded the update but still have not installed it in mine yet. I had the dealer install 3.5 in it and it works well except for the 911 assist reminder bug. I hear that has been fixed in 3.6.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Peter - Why not drive that wonderful Ex to your dealership and let them install the update? You need to roll that baby! You really need to put some miles/kilometers on that suv before winter keeps you confined from getting out!

JK:D

I have downloaded the update but still have not installed it in mine yet. I had the dealer install 3.5 in it and it works well except for the 911 assist reminder bug. I hear that has been fixed in 3.6.
Actually Winter is when I put on the most kilometers. I coach a minor hockey team (18 - 20 yr olds) and travel into the big city (Ottawa) for most of the games. Just hope I get the USB drive with the update before the next one comes out.;)

Peter

Back