MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

argh have tried so many times to download the software update and it hangs on 5% for like an hour then says its done but when i try to install it gives me an error! angry elf!!!! I have tried multiple USB and computers :-/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same problem with mine when I downloaded Monday. It hung at 5%, than after 20 minutes jumped to 38% then hung there until it finished about 45 minutes later. I kept checking the available space on the USB drive to make sure that it was actually still downloading.

I got mine to install fine the second time around.

Does the USB stick really have to be empty to download it to? Can't I use the same one I have some songs on as long as its big enough?

I had an 8 mg stick and just to be safe I formatted it before starting the download...

downloaded fine,
updated my truck without issue,
then used the same stick to update the ExSport...

no issues that I could see...

maybe it did this before and I didn't notice it, but after the update
and fromt he home screen with 4 quadrants,
when I used voice prompts to dial the wife's cell,
it switched to a phone view automatically and displayed the phone info...

then when I hung up it went back to the 4 frames automatically ...

Didn't get a chance to replicate it, but that seemed different :)

Is it normal to have a Black screen while updating for an hour?. I am starting to get worried

Is it normal to have a Black screen while updating for an hour?. I am starting to get worried

Mine appeared locked a few times, went black a couple times for several minutes, radio came and went throughout the process... But the entire update only took about 30 minutes...
If it's been black for over an hour, I'd be concerned.

I already lost hope and turned off the car. Screen is Black. No controls, no back camera, no stereo, nothing... cool

Mine did that too, dead! Then, I turned it on the next morning and up came sync in it's old form. I decided to try a different USB stick, redownloaded and then the install went smoothly. good luck.

Touch screen

Is anybody having trouble with the touch screen tones?

Is anybody having trouble with the touch screen tones?
I assume you are referring to the single 'tone' you get when you touch the screen. Do you have the tone option set to ON?

Peter

I assume you are referring to the single 'tone' you get when you touch the screen. Do you have the tone option set to ON?

Peter

And make sure the volume is up for the tones too. You can adjust that ( if i recall correctly)

Greetings Peter, I'm in the same situation, Syncmyride tells me I'm up to date with the 3.5.1 update, you will receive the 3.6.2?, Keep waiting

Mine did that too, dead! Then, I turned it on the next morning and up came sync in it's old form. I decided to try a different USB stick, redownloaded and then the install went smoothly. good luck.

Mine did something like that but it says "waiting for the USB storage device" and the says something like "USB device dont detected" and I have the microSD plugged in all the time, so I dont get it.

There are two choices on the system settings menu: Touch Screen Button Beep and Touch Panel Button Beep. Both are set to on. The Panel one controls the HVAC panel beep and I presume the other one controls the touch screen beeb. I get a beep on the panel, but no beep on the touch screen whether it is set to on or off. This came about after I upgraded to 3.6.2. Anybody else with this problem?

Greetings Peter, I'm in the same situation, Syncmyride tells me I'm up to date with the 3.5.1 update, you will receive the 3.6.2?, Keep waiting
I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I was starting to get an inferiority complex. I was told to keep checking this week and possibly next week. I guess they didn't release it to everyone at the same time this time around.

Peter

I visited my original dealership yesterday and I'm happy to report that my MFT is now absolutely flawless.

I visited my original dealership yesterday and I'm happy to report that my MFT is now absolutely flawless.
I think you may just have put a curse on it now. :D
Happy to hear that and hope it continues that way.:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back