MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues

More iOS 10 problems. When connected with BT every time I get an email my radio cuts out to make the chime from my phone come out on the sync connection. Anybody notice this problem?

I'm on Gmail and I'm not seeing this issue with iOS 10.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just updated to iOS 10.0.1 today, and now I cannot get my phone to pair to MFT via bluetooth. Bleh

I've had continuing problems with the iPhone 6 not successfully dialing the phone, or sending voice to text, since the iOS 10 upgrade. I use the headphones most of the time and when I hold the headphone switch to access Siri, the phone most times will not execute the next command. I thought it was an iOS issue, but then I noticed the issues only happened while In the car. Shutting off bt and try again and things work fine.

Didn't have this problem with iOS 9.

Anyone else notice this and hopefully have a fix?

No

Recently upgraded to iPhone 7, running 10.0.3 IOS, I deleted the old phone and re-paired the new one, everything working fine, checked the Bluetooth settings in Sync and had to turn on notifications again. All OK.
Bill

What I'm surmising is happening is MFT is sensing the pickup by Siri and when it shuts down after the command, it's shutting down the function on the phone.

I'm guessing the issue is the feature I heard about in MFT where if you hold the button for 2+ seconds it will route the command to Siri. At least I think I read that.

I'll try deleting the phone and repairing to see if that helps matters.

Hi dco43054,

Great step to try! Let me know if that works, so we can move forward.

Shaay
No improvement.

This happens when I use the Apple headphones and the iPhone is hooked up to the MFT via BT.

For example - if I want to send a message using voice to text, I press the button on the headphones for Siri to activate, With iOS9, it worked just fine. Siri would come in and I would dictate. With iOS10, Siri announces, then often times will click right off. It does the same thing with a call if I press the button on the headphones and ask Siri to dial. The call will start, then hangup.

It occurred to me the other day that MFT might be picking up on the call and then hanging up. When I turn off BT on the phone, the prior examples work just fine.

Thanks for the update. If you have version 3.8 installed, you should be able to activate Siri from the steering wheel: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...ur-iphone-and-siri-eyes-free-with-sync-3.html I know this article says SYNC 3, but it pertains to the MyFord Touch as well.

It's called Siri Eyes Free. Your headphones aren't needed. Have you tried this?

Shaay

This doesn't work even if I press the voice command button for 10 secs. I already updated my SW to v3.8.

BTW, after updating to IOS10 I've noticed that I can't play music through the MFT unless I go to the Music app on my iPhone and press the play button there. any ideas about this?

I assume Ford's gonna support this system for a long time? given that my car is only 2 years old. :)

This doesn't work even if I press the voice command button for 10 secs. I already updated my SW to v3.8.

BTW, after updating to IOS10 I've noticed that I can't play music through the MFT unless I go to the Music app on my iPhone and press the play button there. any ideas about this?

I assume Ford's gonna support this system for a long time? given that my car is only 2 years old. :)

Amarzhunn,

Yes, we will still be supporting all SYNC systems, not just the newer ones. When you have the music playing on the phone and give the voice command BLUETOOTH AUDIO on the vehicle, what happens? Have you tried resetting the phone and SYNC system, then pair it back with a clean connection?

Cara

Amarzhunn,

Yes, we will still be supporting all SYNC systems, not just the newer ones. When you have the music playing on the phone and give the voice command BLUETOOTH AUDIO on the vehicle, what happens? Have you tried resetting the phone and SYNC system, then pair it back with a clean connection?

Cara

Playing over bluetooth has no problems. Its when I play it through USB connection. When I try to play a track through the touchscreen, It's either the track doesn't play, or it shows that it's playing though there's no audio. Sometime it is in the pause state on the iPhone, or both are playing. For the latter I have to disconnect/reset the lightning cable again to have the audio appear.

For Siri Eyes Free, on both usb and bluetooth connection, it doesn't work at all. I've searched the net countless times for a solution. According to the video instruction, it only takes two secs press and hold for it. I've tried to hold it for more than that just to see if it works like that but yeah it doesnt.

Ive also noticed that after updating to v3.8, my system lags on playing tracks through iPhone.

BTW, I have noticed that radio station names does not appear. I asked the local dealer about it and he told me that some models they sell with MFT has it, some has not. I dont understand this at all. Shouldn't all cars fitted with the same system should have identical features all through out? I mean the NAV option I can understand some has it and some has not, but radio?

Siri eyes free works fine with my iPhone. Also it's the radio stations that broadcast the names and info, your radio will show it when the station broadcasts it. You might try to get a different service tech next time.

Siri eyes free works fine with my iPhone. Also it's the radio stations that broadcast the names and info, your radio will show it when the station broadcasts it. You might try to get a different service tech next time.

My other car (Subaru) shows the names with same stations tuned in. :)

Thanks for the update. If you have version 3.8 installed, you should be able to activate Siri from the steering wheel: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...ur-iphone-and-siri-eyes-free-with-sync-3.html I know this article says SYNC 3, but it pertains to the MyFord Touch as well.

It's called Siri Eyes Free. Your headphones aren't needed. Have you tried this?

Shaay
I think the Siri Eyes Free is what's causing problems. I use the headphones for a better microphone with much less background noise.

My other car (Subaru) shows the names with same stations tuned in. :)

Amarzhunn,

All Ford vehicles are equipped to display radio information, however, Lewisra is correct in stating that the available information is station dependent. Sounds like you may need a trip to the dealer though for the USB and Siri issues. A hands on approach would be best now.

I think the Siri Eyes Free is what's causing problems. I use the headphones for a better microphone with much less background noise.

dco43054,

Have you performed a master reset on the vehicle: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...erform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Cara

Amarzhunn,

All Ford vehicles are equipped to display radio information, however, Lewisra is correct in stating that the available information is station dependent. Sounds like you may need a trip to the dealer though for the USB and Siri issues. A hands on approach would be best now.

Please see my first post.

I have already asked the local dealer about it. should I show this forum? Or I could have someone from Ford USA call them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't, but I will give it a try. I do miss having the 911 dialer engaged.

Hi dco43054,

Thanks. Keep me posted on the results.

Please see my first post.

I have already asked the local dealer about it. should I show this forum? Or I could have someone from Ford USA call them?

Amarzhunn,

Where are you located?

Shaay

Back