MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues

Hi dco43054,

Thanks. Keep me posted on the results.
Didn't make a difference. Same behavior.

I have not updated MFT, so it is likely something happening after the upgrade to iOS 10

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suggest updating to version 3.8 if you have the time. It's available at the dealer.

I am located in Abu Dhabi.

I didn't realize you weren't located in the US. The information we've provided is for North American vehicles only. It's best that you reach out to the support team in your region for assistance at 80004443673.

Shaay

Hello FordIVTteam...
New owner of a 15' Limited here... I wanted to get some clarification. My Limited says I have CCPU 4.32.14073_ installed. Which I'm told is 3.7 I was wanting to install 3.8 for Siri, but after calling Ford (800-392-FORD), I was told that 3.8 has been pulled to fix bugs? Is this info true? Can you tell me the latest?

Thanks!

Hello FordIVTteam...
New owner of a 15' Limited here... I wanted to get some clarification. My Limited says I have CCPU 4.32.14073_ installed. Which I'm told is 3.7 I was wanting to install 3.8 for Siri, but after calling Ford (800-392-FORD), I was told that 3.8 has been pulled to fix bugs? Is this info true? Can you tell me the latest?

Thanks!
If you wish to contact them, it is always best to send them a PM using the 'Start a Conversation' route. The reps do more than just monitor our forums so there is always a chance they won't see a post. That being said, I've not seen any posts about 3.8 being pulled.

Peter

If you wish to contact them, it is always best to send them a PM using the 'Start a Conversation' route. The reps do more than just monitor our forums so there is always a chance they won't see a post. That being said, I've not seen any posts about 3.8 being pulled.

Peter

Thanks Peter...
I'll PM them directly. And yeah, after talking to a Ford software/MFT rep by phone, I was told 3.8 was pulled and being fixed because of bugs. ???

Hi Atomikk,

Version 3.8 is the latest available; however, it can only be installed at the dealer. In many cases, at no cost to you. Send the VIN in a private, and I can give you your options.

Shaay

Hi Atomikk,

Version 3.8 is the latest available; however, it can only be installed at the dealer. In many cases, at no cost to you. Send the VIN in a private, and I can give you your options.

Shaay
Hi Atomikk,

Shaay

Thanks Shaay... I would like to do that. But... I don't know how to send a "private message" on this forum. How do I go about that?

Thanks Shaay... I would like to do that. But... I don't know how to send a "private message" on this forum. How do I go about that?
One way is to click on the IVT name in the margin of the post she sent and then from the next screen select, "Start a Conversation".

Peter

I have not updated MFT, so it is likely something happening after the upgrade to iOS 10

There was an issue with an iOS version, but I think it was late 9.XX. Are you on the latest 10.x.x? Also might try reverse pairing.
Delete MFT from phone and phone from MFT. Add Bluetooth device, when message to pair pops up hit the button at the bottom. Something to the effect of "find other devices". Then follow prompts.

I suggest updating to version 3.8 if you have the time. It's available at the dealer.

I didn't realize you weren't located in the US. The information we've provided if for North American vehicles only. It's best that you reach out to the support team in your region for assistance at 80004443673.

Shaay

Is MyFordTouch region dependent? I thought all are the same? I have already updated mine to v3.8.

Is MyFordTouch region dependent? I thought all are the same? I have already updated mine to v3.8.

Amarzhunn,

The vehicles and software are produced differently, which is why there are regional support centers. Your local Customer Relationship Center will be your best contact for support.

Cara

That's why it is helpful to enter your location when filling out your profile. It will appear in the margin.

Peter

There was an issue with an iOS version, but I think it was late 9.XX. Are you on the latest 10.x.x? Also might try reverse pairing.
Delete MFT from phone and phone from MFT. Add Bluetooth device, when message to pair pops up hit the button at the bottom. Something to the effect of "find other devices". Then follow prompts.
Have done most of that. It's something in the way that MFT sends SIRI prompts to the phone. I think what's happening is the phone starts SIRI, then MFT senses the phone online and sends another signal, canceling the first signal.

It didn't start until iOS10 - so I'm not blaming Ford for this one. I made no other changes to MFT. Must have been a change that Apple made.

Does anyone know how I can increase the "voice volume of Siri" when I access it while using MFT v3.8?
I've an iPhone6 with iOS10. The phone's volume is at maximum. But when I do any "Hey Siri" type functions, Siri sounds significantly lower than say...the regular "MFT Voice". Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how I can make the Siri voice just as loud as the MFT voice?

My handsfree connection using my iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2 continues to drop calls. The call drops while on handsfree, the dash shows the call ended, but the call is still active on my handset, then it will switch back to handsfree.

Anyone else have this issue?

Update. Today, my Ford dealer said they can see the 3.10 update on their Ford dealer site, but after multiple tries were unable to download it to their computer. They emailed Ford but did not hear back. Frustrating. Hope that next Tuesday the dealer can download it for installation.

Update. Today, my Ford dealer said they can see the 3.10 update on their Ford dealer site, but after multiple tries were unable to download it to their computer. They emailed Ford but did not hear back. Frustrating. Hope that next Tuesday the dealer can download it for installation.

I wonder if their version of IDS was not updated?

Sgt1411, I don't know; the dealer has not gotten back to me to reschedule.

Meanwhile, here is another problem that shows up with no predicable pattern. When I start the car, or while driving, and my iPhone bluetooth is on, MFT sometimes thinks my phone is making a call. The MFT screen shows the call timer is ticking along as if I was actually on a call. However, there is not call being made or call received. I did not initiate a call on my iPhone and the phone home screen shows no call is active. Somehow MFT thinks I'm on the telephone but I'm not! While this is going on I can press the end call button on the MFT screen and it does not respond. The iPhone screen shows no call is active. I pressed the telephone icon on the iPhone and it has no affect on MFT. Then, on it's own, MFT will end the phantom call. Time line from start to end is anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

So, I am thinking about a master reset to work out the gremlins. I hope this works. Meanwhile, I have another call into dealer service and no reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sgt1411, I don't know; the dealer has not gotten back to me to reschedule.

Meanwhile, here is another problem that shows up with no predicable pattern. When I start the car, or while driving, and my iPhone bluetooth is on, MFT sometimes thinks my phone is making a call. The MFT screen shows the call timer is ticking along as if I was actually on a call. However, there is not call being made or call received. I did not initiate a call on my iPhone and the phone home screen shows no call is active. Somehow MFT thinks I'm on the telephone but I'm not! While this is going on I can press the end call button on the MFT screen and it does not respond. The iPhone screen shows no call is active. I pressed the telephone icon on the iPhone and it has no affect on MFT. Then, on it's own, MFT will end the phantom call. Time line from start to end is anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

So, I am thinking about a master reset to work out the gremlins. I hope this works. Meanwhile, I have another call into dealer service and no reply.
I use Waze everyday and I sometimes see this same problem. But if you use Google maps or even apple maps that might be trying to prompt you for road alerts.

Back