MFT without NAV, cosmetic question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT without NAV, cosmetic question

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I ordered my XLT with MFT but w/o the NAV option. On the various displays, are the NAV menus "gone", or are all the NAV menus still there but inoperable? I'm kind of hoping for the former, but fearing the latter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The latter :-( The green bar is replaced with some sort of system setup menu.

I ordered my XLT with MFT but w/o the NAV option. On the various displays, are the NAV menus "gone", or are all the NAV menus still there but inoperable? I'm kind of hoping for the former, but fearing the latter.

i have XLT with MFT but no NAV too...you get the following (not the exact descriptions) at 4 corners of the touch screen:

top left - phone
top right - information (calendar, misc Sync stuff).
bottom left - entertainment such as A/V, USB, CD, etc.
bottom right - climate

No NAV menu as it requires activation and 2 more Sync softwares (I compared mine with someone who has the NAV system before).

OK, so it sounds OK. They replaced the NAV quadrant with something else. I was just worried (well, maybe not really worried) that it'd still be a useless NAV quadrant that didn't do anything. Thanks guys.

What surprised me was even though I also ordered my XLT without Nav, I still got turn by turn directions though Synch and it works terrific.

Back