Michelin's new LTX M/S 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Michelin's new LTX M/S 2

http://www.michelinman.com/ltxms2-tire/tire-details/

Yikes. Looks like they made the LTX M/S into an even more highway-oriented tire with the tighter spaced tread blocks.
Might have more sipes for snow traction but I don't know if it's still going to be a capable off-road performer.
Hopefully it's still the same tread block pattern for each size, just an improved casing and compound and some extra sipes.

At least the people who want blackwalls-only will be happy. No more ORWL on there. I thought they were kind of sporty, though.

Hopefully they still make the LTX M/S, but after the LTX A/T got replaced with the LTX A/T 2, probably not.

Might not have a choice but to move to BFG A/Ts or Dueler Revos when my current set wears out if these don't do as well or better than the originals.

where i work we just got all the paperwork on these, and they will keep making the LTX MS just not in all sizes, the MS2 will be made in the remaining sizes. I'm not sure if they will eventually get phased out, but they have a quarterly release on the sizes. so for at least the next year or so they will have both in most sizes.

Right now the LTX M/S is the only one offered in the usual truck/suv sizes, and the LTX M/S 2 is only offered in the newer sizes of the crossovers and lighter SUVs.

Somehow I think they'll eventually switch over to the LTX M/S 2 completely, since it seems all the Michelin tires are going to a newer look.

Back