Micro Red Dot Suggestions

kert0307

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
I was wondering if anyone had any micro red dots that they like. Right now I'm leading toward the Bushnell TRS-25 with the Primary Arms Micro Dot a close 2nd. I would like to have the dot be 3moa or smaller as I may try adding a magnifier to complement it in the future. I'm not looking to spend any more than $200, and would prefer below $100. I plan on mounting it to a rail similar to the one below, so a low mount is critical so I can still use the iron sights through the red dot if the battery dies. The main purpose of this gun will be plinking and occasional wild hog hunting.

The Vortex Strikefire (not exactly a "micro" reddot) is a good optic with good pricing on midwayusa, and you can get a x3 Magnifier for it for good pricing as well. However, Strikefire is 4 MOA.

Vortex's SPARC is 2 MOA, and the magnifier would probably work with it, but I don't know as much (reviews, etc.) about the SPARC.

Midwayusa has pretty good reviews for most of their products and their prices (as I've already said) are good too.

Good luck.

Thanks, I have seen some good reviews for the Vortex Strikeforce. I guess it doesn't really have to be a microdot that I am looking for, it just has to be able to be mounted as low as possible.

Back