Microsoft Sync ... underpowered? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Microsoft Sync ... underpowered?

bstuckle

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all.

A few months back we bought our 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and have, overall, been very happy with it. This is my first domestic car in I don't know how long.

I had taken the car in for the first service and mentioned the brake squeal. I didn't get much of an answer and found a post regarding this issue and am following up (WOOOT!).

What I wanted to post about was the Sync system. Overall I find it to be under powered in that the delay between a "button push" and the action executed is not always consistent. At times the system will lock up for seconds and then catch up to whatever I was doing.

Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?

Also, I had started looking for apps that I could load into the system but all I found was that there wasn't anything available in Canada. It appears that I really can't add anything in that would be of use. From what I read, there was a copyright issue. If that's really the case then I'd say I am most disappointed with that.

Cheers

Hi all.

A few months back we bought our 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and have, overall, been very happy with it. This is my first domestic car in I don't know how long.

I had taken the car in for the first service and mentioned the brake squeal. I didn't get much of an answer and found a post regarding this issue and am following up (WOOOT!).

What I wanted to post about was the Sync system. Overall I find it to be under powered in that the delay between a "button push" and the action executed is not always consistent. At times the system will lock up for seconds and then catch up to whatever I was doing.

Has anyone else experienced similar behavior?

Also, I had started looking for apps that I could load into the system but all I found was that there wasn't anything available in Canada. It appears that I really can't add anything in that would be of use. From what I read, there was a copyright issue. If that's really the case then I'd say I am most disappointed with that.

Cheers

The belief on these boards is that the hardware is NOT underpowered, but that the software is just incredibly inefficient (for example - it uses Adobe Flash which is pretty slow).

Make sure you have the latest software installed. If you go to www.syncmyride.com you can see what version you have installed. If you don't have version 2.11 then you can download it from www.syncmyride.com and install it using a USB stick.

Scuttlebut around these boards is that a major rewrite is going to be released around January.

The belief on these boards is that the hardware is NOT underpowered, but that the software is just incredibly inefficient (for example - it uses Adobe Flash which is pretty slow).

THAT would explain a heck of a lot!

Scuttlebut around these boards is that a major rewrite is going to be released around January.

That sounds great. I'll keep looking and see if there's any detail, etc.

Cheers

Back