Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the promotion Joey. Sorry to hear you can't make it though.

Here is some motivation, boys. :) Just returned from Moab on Sunday, had a blast and can't wait to get back in a few weeks! Drove the BII solid for 5 days in Moab, then drove her to work today. What a beast.

MoabMay09029.jpg

MoabMay09275.jpg

MoabMay09038.jpg

MoabMay09260.jpg

I have been motivated for this since January :D

where would be a good place to stay? I dont care if its camping or hotel. Never been out there. What are you guys planning?

sweet thanks bro. Ill see if they got any sites left.

In exactly 14 days at this time I should be on the last leg of the drive to Moab, probaly about 2 hours away.

If only that 14 days was already past :(

For only the second time in 8 years of wheelin' with this board; I have to back out. :mad:

I'm irate about it but a close friend is getting married that weekend. I had two options; but she (selfishly) wouldn't change the date to a non-Moab Trip wheeling day, and she (ignorantly-selfishly-thoughtlessly) wouldn't consider moving her wedding to Moab to NOT absolutely HOSE my summer wheeling fun run to Moab. :mad: Anyways enough said. I appologize.

I need to look at the CCR 09 run info to see if that doesn't coincide with someone I know's wedding. :(

well becker that sucks! hopefully CCR09

I think I am about 90% ready now, chromo axle is back in the X, oil changed, all greased up and ready, tow rig has new tires, aligned, cheap a$$ fog lights to maybe help brighten the road a little, broken cb antenae replaced, damn this trip has cost alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and I haven't even left town yet, but oh well. Gotta pack up tools coolers and clothes then we be ready!

fixing tow rig= $1000-$1500
fixing X= $500 or so

trip to MOAB= PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you aren't going to make it Doug.

I'm out. I need the vacation time and money for my Yellowstone/Glacier NP tour later this year.

Sorry, one of these decades I'll get back there!

And the numbers start to dwindle!

Anyone roof rack? $50 bucks now

Here's a little demotivation :D My friend Jason on the 6th run after finnishing his 4runner. Rock Pile on Pritchett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiNV8V4O2qA

011.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

No one was hurt and his cage held up fairly well for such a hard hit.

Got the axle almost out yesterday so the fix begins just need the bearings and I am set the axle looks good where that thin bearing is so should just need to replace the bearing and should be set.

Here's a little demotivation :D My friend Jason on the 6th run after finnishing his 4runner. Rock Pile on Pritchett

No one was hurt and his cage held up fairly well for such a hard hit.

Owwwwwwww..... Glad no injuries - - not sure Pritchett Canyon will ever be on my list . . .

10 Days!!

Paul
'91 Sport

this weekend is a 4 dayer for me so I have plenty of time to get everything loaded up.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm on the road in 7 days. For those who are going or read this often, if you're on the route, either I-80 or I-70 from Chicago to Moab, please PM me your name and cell number and where you live to save in case I've got problems. I've got the new tow rig and you never know what can happen.

Thanks to those who help out. I'm looking forward to seeing a few old faces and many new ones!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pete, what shape is your trailer in? I sheared lug studs on my last trip out to Truckhaven. I think I was overloaded with Froaders Superduty axles, but none the less, i was wishing I had a set of lug studs. I had a spare wheel/tire w/o any way to put it on. 8:00 on friday night 1/2 to nowhere was a great place to look for specialty parts.

This tool was the best $30 I spent. Pressed in new studs a couple days later and headed home when I found a NAPA. A complete Spare hub assembly wouldn't be a horrible thing for 4000 miles.

38335.gif

I worked some overtime last week so I'm in without losing vacation time. Looks like I'm heading up alone (although I see Evil Eye currently viewing this thread and tossed it out that he could roll with me). I will put my welder in the backseat of my Superduty as it seems like every trip I've been on somebody has needed to do a repair if somebody could confirm a place or RV that has 220.

I'll be camping either
A) on Tom Rios's picnic table
B) on the spot I mentioned earlier on Fins and Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back