Moab 2001: What Have You Run, & What Do You Want To Run? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2001: What Have You Run, & What Do You Want To Run?

Lee

Sorry, don't have any pics since I haven't been there yet. The best way to find out more is by doing a search on White Rim Trail Canyonlands. Also, the book by Charles Wells that Gerald keeps mentioning has a description.

It would be great if you could make it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in

You name the date of the run and I'm in. From what me and rick were talking about last night, I though you have made the run before. I guess I was wrong. I did a search on searchalot.com and found a few photos. Just don't ask me who they are.....I don't know

Dead Link Removed

wrim6.gif

some of the sites did say we need a permit though....you may want to look into that. None of them said having to pay anything though.

Lee

The fees are the entrance fee into the Canyonlands National Park, which is $10/vehicle, I think. To stay overnight in one of the campgrounds is $25, but that covers up to 3 vehicles.

I wanted to do this last year and had two guys (Matt Adams and Dignan) lined up to go with me. Had gotten the camping permit with a reserved spot, but both Matt and Dignan trucks developed problems making it impossible for them to go on an additional 2 day trip.

The problem I had last year was that the only campground reservation I could get (and I made it in March) was only about 20 miles into the trail, a long way from the half way point. I guess by starting real early it could probably be done in one day. All depends on how often and long you stop the take in the scenery.

Let's make additional plans via e-mail.

I've run to many trails to list down there unfortantly I'm not sure if I'll be there in that time frame. I'll help out with any info. I can.

Kane creek is great for beginner's with slight lift however, tire placement is key in the last mile. I did this trail in A stock exp. the weather can make the water PASSINGS(VERY MANY OF THEM) scary.

Gemini Is another easy one and the view is spectacular
( A great place to camp on the lower trail.) And Many other trail in the same area.

Fins and things is not for stock vehicles. I spent two days trying to get mine out. There are many spot like the bump dump. Now I have a five inch lift with 33's and it was much funner and easier.

If I'm down there at this time I'll stop and say Hi, and maby do some night runs, I'll show were the locals go.

All trails in moab are great and there is somthing for everybody. I go twice a month and every time I find somthing new. Have a great time and take alot of pictures.

Peter, a belated thanks for the picture. Absolutely breathtaking scenery. :)

Back