Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wanting that Autofab kit for so many years you big jerk! LOL

But now John has the Dana 44 TTB kit....drool drool

It is nearly impossible to find actual RUBBER radius arm bushings anymore... I have searched and came up short. Anyone know where rubber ones are available? I only find urethane...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well you should have bought this truck when it was for sale for $1100 less than the autofab front suspension kit (plus shocks!) you would have gotten a couple other goodies too. I didn't even know what autofab was when I got this truck, it was on it's way to SAS.

I posted in your other thread where to find rubber bushings, I'm going to try urethane.

Back to the thread!!!
:bounce:Moab:bounce:

Any runs in the works for Sunday?

My ex looks just like yours Danny. Ill snap some pics later! Got insurance today, 120 a month! Thats alright through cause it lowered my truck insurance 130. haha.

My ex looks just like yours Danny. Ill snap some pics later! Got insurance today, 120 a month! Thats alright through cause it lowered my truck insurance 130. haha.

Your whole front end jumped off too?

I updated the first post adding several "Yes's" to the list, it's starting to come together as a good sized group. Will everyone else let us know if they are maybes. I just read 19 pages and used my best judgement if people are in, trucks are working, etc.

Example- Dannyboy is in come hell or high water. Arrive Thurs late night, leave Sunday. Going to enjoy tequila with Fakrwee and 4 wheel...not in that order.

I updated the first post

whoa, i never noticed that dannyboy's name was black! :eek: :confused:

for some reason my trucks all together right now, but it'll be apart again before moab :)

my friend justin almost bought a 89 toyota pickup on 38"s today, would've been awesome in moab but wasn't a good enough street machine :(

I still have to install my rear cutting brake and replace my windshield. I am tired of the big crack and weld splatter from doing the cage and I am still waiting on one part to install the brake.

Good to hear I'm not the only one with some work to do.

My buddy confirmed last night he'll be joining us.

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 234

well it's not maintenance but I still have to finish my winch install and my rock sliders.

Tim

A Jeep!!???!!(It looks capable enough) Next thing you know someone is going to show up in a dodge or something like that!!!:salute:

NO Sean is not allowed to come!

:p:J/K:p:

As long as Wally isn't with him. (we don't need to spend the day helping put the Jeep back on its wheels after Wally flops it! :D

Thanks PMer first post updated again and no i am not gonna make it unless a immaculate miracle happens. :(

NO Shawn is not allowed to come!

Haha Mike, I know Shawn lurks on the Co4x4 boards from a bit so I thought you might know him. We were best buds and roommates in College. And no, Wally isn't coming, but Shawns rig is being stored in Junction at Wally's place. Wally's been taking it on the trails from time to time when his new project is under way. Shawn's only rule for Wally is that it only goes on the side, not the roof LOL.

Joey, What rig are you bringing to Moab? Your Explorer sold right?

***in other news, I just found a horrible bulge in the sidewall of one of my 33" tires, looks like either the 35s or dare I say 37s are going to go on. I've got a set of each so we shall see who will make it out. Time to work the bump stops/limiting straps.

Okay, I have a plan now :D

The wind shield comes out on the 15th. The cutting brake comes in on the 16th. The 17th the cutting brake gets installed. The 18th the finishing touches go on the roll cage to keep the A-pillars from collapsing in the case of a :roll: The 24th the windshield goes back in. The 25th and 26th I get everything attatched, loaded up, etc... and the evening of the 27th I start heading toward
:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:MOAB:bounce::bounce:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Branding Iron at 7pm Saturday bring cash for your dinners

DWD-2
Painter Ken-2
Rick - 2
ProjectAviator - 2 + 1 maybe
Joey Jarhead - 2
JTX - 2
mrboyle - 1
goliath - 2
FAKRWEE - 2
FlyByCoe - 4
Dannyboy - 3
R.J. - 4 to 5
Paul - 2
strawhead - 2 + 2 maybe's

Well, the 85 F-150 needs and exhaust gasket and alot of TLC. So it is out of the picture. I took it out on a trail called "Sleeping Princess" and it performed very well for the age and shape it is in. If I get a chance I'll post a picture or two.
93 Bronco(fullsize) is in need of a tranny. $1000--$1500. Those aluminum 5-speeds are not cheap and as long as the city doesn't require a permit for the wrecking yard out front, I'll be ok.

So.....

Does anybody from northern Colorado have an extra seat???

My Explorer is in AZ w/out insurance and I don't think my 4runner would survive :rolleyes:

I am willing to help with gas/room/food/etc ($$$$)

Feel free to shoot me a PM or reply if you can

Whats up Zack, Good to hear from you. I was hoping to score back some parts to that axle I hooked you up with (F150 coil spacers and spare shafts, etc. if you weren't planning on using them). I'll have an open seat if you make it to Moab. We plan on camping.

I got the time off to go:D, now I just need to wait to see what the Doc says about my leg and what my wallet says:dunno:. If I can still make it out, I won't be bringing the Ranger though.:(

Dannyboy! Ill be in AZ some this summer...If I get a chance I can get you the shafts and some other stuff.

I am hoping to hitch a ride there but I am down for some camping and an open seat :thumbsup: Let me find out how I am getting there...

Who all from Colorado is going?

Add one more for a maybe to mine as my 10 year old may come.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 WEEKS AND SOME CHANGE TIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back