Photos - Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary

Which weekend for Moab 2021?

• May 1-2

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • May 8-9

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • May 15-16

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • May 22-23

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • May 29-30

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Thanks to the Forum Again!
Found the interior swap thead, Here and all first and second gen door panels fit. Might be old news to most but its new news to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not that this is the "For Sale" section, but anyone heading off to Moab need a seat upgrade? ? ? Got room to bring these:
Seats.jpg

Let me know. . . , already set-up with Gen 1 seat brackets. Both wired for heat and lumber (hand pump).

Paul

Not that this is the "For Sale" section, but anyone heading off to Moab need a seat upgrade? ? ? Got room to bring these:
View attachment 330186

Let me know. . . , already set-up with Gen 1 seat brackets. Both wired for heat and lumber (hand pump).

Paul
How much $?

Got a start on the new sliders tonight, didn’t like the fit so I shortened and thinned them a few inches.

D3A83A29-4461-409F-9F47-52CB8FB73392.jpeg

57C0E9C8-5008-4E27-9BD3-BA65011125E3.jpeg

Those look great! Gonna start selling them?

Those look great! Gonna start selling them?
Thanks! And man no way, to many good kits out there already. These are an 80" kit from a local fab shop. They were too wide and too long, at about 9"X80" so I cut them down and re notched the main bars to fit better. 6" x 76" now. Then I will add the tread plates to the top after I get them painted and mounted to the frame.

How much $?
These are the LG1's - - so they recline, and have the black and gray fabric with black vinyl in the high wear areas. I paid "up" for the heat and lumbar support, but they aren't required for the rig I have now, and not a good fit for my Ranger as the later years Rangers have the seat-mounted airbags.

Seat.jpg

These seats are not for "Clydesdales" among us, or those from the Sears "Toughskins" - Size Husky era. I'm not skinny, and these seats fit me well - - 33" waist, medium build.

I'd say these seats are 8.5-9 / 10 as far as condition, asking $600 for the pair.

Paul

On the subject of parts, anyone want me to bring any skids, diff guards, engine/trans mounts, light brackets or valve cover rings, etc? So far I just have a request for a pair of light brackets. Let me know and I will bring some parts out to save the shipping costs.

On the subject of parts, anyone want me to bring any skids, diff guards, engine/trans mounts, light brackets or valve cover rings, etc? So far I just have a request for a pair of light brackets. Let me know and I will bring some parts out to save the shipping costs.
Brian, I definitely would like a set of hood/fender light brackets.

These are the LG1's - - so they recline, and have the black and gray fabric with black vinyl in the high wear areas. I paid "up" for the heat and lumbar support, but they aren't required for the rig I have now, and not a good fit for my Ranger as the later years Rangers have the seat-mounted airbags.

View attachment 330195

These seats are not for "Clydesdales" among us, or those from the Sears "Toughskins" - Size Husky era. I'm not skinny, and these seats fit me well - - 33" waist, medium build.

I'd say these seats are 8.5-9 / 10 as far as condition, asking $600 for the pair.

Paul
Man depending on travel costs.... I'll make room for them if I could swing the cost.

I've got a set of "seats" in my sport, still have full power (no power recline, lumbar or thigh bladders) but they are horribly uncomfortable.

FINALLY!!!!!

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

20210506_235027.jpg

FINALLY!!!!!

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, lets . . . Sunday can't come soon enough.

Tow Rig.2 (MAY 21).jpg

Been to Moab at least ten times, this'll be the first time that I haul the rig there and back. . . and it'll be the maiden voyage for the "new-to-me" Sport to Moab, although some of the running gear on the rig has been there multiple times. . .

Safe travels,

Paul

@gmanpaint I stopped making those except for special requests and I wont have time to whip up a bracket before leaving.

Greg, As it happens I still have the one I bought from Brian but ended up using the light brackets. I'll bring it along and its yours.

I heard 2 guys rolled a Jeep on Moab rim the other day and died. Be careful out there fellas. And take lots of pictures.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If anybody has a couple extra D-Rings I'd be grateful if you brought them along.... though I suppose Harbor Freight isnt that far away.

Back