Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002 | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002

Well I'm already to go. Got the bags packed and the truck is ready too! We'll be leaving tomorrow morning, stopping in Mesquite NV for the night and be in Moab Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing all you guys and gals.
One more thing, for those of you that don't have a rear tow point on your 95+, I have a rear tow loop from a sport that I don't need. If you are in need of it, I'll make it real cheap, just so I don't have to bring it back home. I don't know if it will work in a pre 95 but you can try it and see.
Ya'll be careful getting there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

READY TO GO!

Wow! Just finished up with installing my modified axles. (4.56 gears, Detroit "no-spin" locker in the rear, Detroit TruTrac in the front, new CV driveshaft, slip yoke eliminator, steering stabilizer upgrade). . . and we still have 12 hours left before we leave!

Special public thanks to Jeff for helping out a friend in need. (Now we just need to do something with his nice Atlas II sitting in my garage!)

Can't wait! We're leaving Wednesday afternoon, stopping in St George, the on to Moab Thursday morning. See ya all there!

Just finished John's Jeep. Now we just have to pack the trucks and be on our way. (oh. . I guess we've got to go to work for a few hours first . .:rolleyes: )

Well I hate to say this since we were looking forward to Moab, but we are going to have to back out.
Last Thursday I must have slept wrong or something but my back is really hurting me. I went and saw the doctor yesterday and got medicine, but I don't think one more day will make me well enough to go.
:mad:

She (doctor) thinks I irratated me muscles and they are pushing against my nerves in the back. Last night I slept on the floor and I still can't set in a chair (typing all this on my knees) so the drive out there would be just to much then to try and set in a vehicle all day just doesn't sound like something I could do.

My folks have also decided not to go since it is a family thing for us. I am calling and cancelling our reservations at Silver Sage if anyone is still needing a room.

I hope everyone will have a great time and I sure wished I could go. I even have the Explorer loaded on the trailer but I think rest will be the best thing for me at this time.

Don't forget your cameras!
:cool:

Perry, that sucks I was looking forward to running some scenery runs with ya! Ahh well no biggie. See everyone else there when I get there (still not sure if I'm taking hte explorer of the f-150 but it looks like its going to be the f-150)

Damn Perry. I was looking forward to meeting you. I understand the back thing though. I am only 24 and have had so mnay probs w/ my back. Times when I cant lay, sit, or stand. Its no fun. Hope your back gets better.

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Damn Perry. I was looking forward to meeting you. I understand the back thing though. I am only 24 and have had so mnay probs w/ my back. Times when I cant lay, sit, or stand. Its no fun. Hope your back gets better.

Right now it hurts if I lay down, I can't lay on my side just the back. I can't lay in a chair so I just walk around the house. I hope the meds kick in pretty soon. The doctor did ask me if I wanted a shot to see if that would help, but I told her I don't do needles so I'll stick with the pills.

Yes we were really looking forward to meeting all the new people that are going this year.

Dang sorry for back hurts. Thought about back surgery?

Originally posted by Digger196
Dang sorry for back hurts. Thought about back surgery?

I've had 2 of them. One 15 years ago and the other 5 years I think. Something you don't want to remember if you know what I mean.

If anyone has a way to contact heath please have him give me a call about picking up the fenders. Just need to check in with him. The # I have says no longer available. Anyway I am just waiting for a load of laudry toss it in and I will be on the road. See everyone there.

Matt

Matt, I think I'll be getting htem from you in moab, not sure how heavy they'll be but maybe someone can just store em in there hotel room til the run is over?

Hey, Mr. Adams, get ahold of me before you go, I want to give you some cash to buy yourself and RockRanger (Matt) dinner for all the help...

Thanks a bunch guys...

Well this is as close as we got to Moab 2002. I was hoping the medicine would kick in and I could go, but it's not going to happen.

I guess we will have to wait until the Holy Cross run here in Colorado.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun time.

Attachments

• ready for moab 2002.jpg
    ready for moab 2002.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 223

Originally posted by Perry
Well this is as close as we got to Moab 2002. I was hoping the medicine would kick in and I could go, but it's not going to happen.

I guess we will have to wait until the Holy Cross run here in Colorado.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun time.

Almost brings a tear to my eye. That is too bad about your back, nothing hurts worse! get well

Originally posted by Perry
Well I hate to say this since we were looking forward to Moab, but we are going to have to back out.
Last Thursday I must have slept wrong or something but my back is really hurting me. I went and saw the doctor yesterday and got medicine, but I don't think one more day will make me well enough to go.
:mad:

I hope everyone will have a great time and I sure wished I could go. I even have the Explorer loaded on the trailer but I think rest will be the best thing for me at this time.[/COLOR]

well that sucks!!!!!!!!!! We will miss you guys for sure, hope you get better

I got everything loaded and ready to leave in the morning hope to be out by 7 who knows when I will get there!

God bless everyone and have a safe trip!!!!!

Well my freakin internet has been down for almost 2 weeks now and I have just spent an hour catching up on the thread. :banghead:
We're heading out tomorrow afternoon and expect to roll in around 10:00 or 11:00. (Just in time for a couple of beers and bed.) :chug:
I got the additional lift and the 33s on. I LOVE IT!:bounce:
Still need to relocate the bumpers but I figure it'll work till after Moab.

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!!! (or at least your trucks parked outside the motel):bounce:

Well, I'm off to bed, I'll be waking up at about 8, cleaning out the X, load it up, go get my spare, get an oil change, find out when my dad is coming in, go get him, and then i'm out

now that i think about it, that's a pretty full little morning there....hopefully I'll get out of here before noon, so i'll see everyone tomorrow night, adios!

perry - still sorry you won't be able to make it. always a pleasure...but hey, holy cross is soon :)

It is 7:00 am mountain time and I am R O L L I N!!!!!!!!!
See yall there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well I'll be leaving tomorrow about 11-noon my time so I'm hoping to catch you guys for dinner tomorrow. I'll call Rick and see where everyones at.
looks like I'm taking my truck, sorry to disappoint everyone. However if I can find some willing participants I would like to take my F-150 up Lions Back... need some spotters though for once I get to the top :).

Back