Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002 | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002

Well I plan on leaving EARLY thursday morn so I should get there at a decent time in the afternoon , Gerald I may try to catch up with you for the run but not sure! Well everyone be safe and have great trip out and we will see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the newbies, I know King Super has bought City Market so i'm not sure if the name has changed to King Super or not.

It's not hard to find since it is the only grocery store on the main drag.

Looking forward to seeing old freinds and making new ones.
Gerald is right, there is a big age group that shows up but I would say so far (runs we have done) everyone has had a good time.

We will start packing tomorrow and leave Thursday morning.

Is there anyone going to Moab from So Cal that would be willing to pick up some fenders from Perry's Fab n Fiber and haul them to Moab for me??? I'll prepay perry's and pay you for the gas if its out of your way...

Thanks Heath

Heath, I am going to be pulling a trailer out so I can bring from Moab here if needed.

Originally posted by Heath
Is there anyone going to Moab from So Cal that would be willing to pick up some fenders from Perry's Fab n Fiber and haul them to Moab for me??? I'll prepay perry's and pay you for the gas if its out of your way...

Thanks Heath

Heathe call me tuesday morning and let me know where to pick up. I am an hour east of san diego and have to go to town tommorow morning and get some parts to finish getting my truck ready. Home # is 760 765 0521 my cell is 619 253 1369. going to be trying to pull in in time to catch the tursday afternoon run. I can put them in my hotel room till I find you. Give me a call tommorow morning and we should be able to work something out.

Also everyone I now have half doors on the truck. Should be a winndy 900 mile drive :D

Matt

Originally posted by Rick
What about yours Jeff?? Are you Atlas equipped??
They shipped me the atlas with a front u-joint yoke :rolleyes: so I said screw it, I'll put it in later. Besides, with all the work we've been doing on John's Jeep I'm glad I'm not having to worry about my own vehicle.

I've got my checklist complete and am ready to hit the road wednesday. :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by Jefe
...(assuming we get Johns Jeep done on time [It is currently missing a couple of axles :eek: ] )
Is that abnormal for a Jeep? Dead Link Removed

Well I only have 2 more things to do. Fill my power tank and packe the truck. We'll be heading heading out early Wednesday morning. Should be in Moab by Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.
Hey Alec and Truckmagic, I like rum and diet coke, but will take a beer if that's all you got. Let's see that's drinks for Rick, Char, Gerald, Perry (root beer), Kris, me, Alec you owe one to Brian too. Geez Gerald, we have all our drinks paid for us already.:D :chug:

Kris, I guess we all owe you one. :chug:

Can you tell I'm EXCITED!!!

Heath if you need someone to haul back the fenders I should be able to help... I am still undecided on what vehicle I'm bringing but I'll be there nonetheless :).

Hey ray, I never got my Drink from you either plus its my B-day :D Ill take a rum and coke he he.

by the way its my birthday on June 4th, so if anyone wants to bring me a present or something I'd be ok with that. Checks are cool too.

Fender shipping help...

THANK YOU

Thanks everyone that is helping or offering to help me get these fenders to CO from CA...

Rockranger, you are the man, you have NO CLUE how much I appreciate you picking these up for me and taking them to Moab... If you even need anything in CO just let me know...

Matt Adams, if you wouldn't mind coordinating getting them back from Moab for me I'd greatly appreciate that too... If you don't have room I know Perry's towing his rig out this year maybe he'll have some extra space with him...

Marshall, thanks for offering but I don't want to ask you to drive hundereds of miles out of your way to deliver them, especially since there are others coming here anyway...

Thanks again everyone that is helping me get this done...

Originally posted by Perry
For the newbies, I know King Super has bought City Market so i'm not sure if the name has changed to King Super or not.

Then it would just be a name change as they are all owned by Krogers. I should know I own stock in the company! LOL http://www.kroger.com/aboutourcompany.htm

Check it out. :)

Well, I wasn't able to get my gears/locker installed, so that may have something to do with the trails I run. I got my tow hooks today and they'll be going on either tonight or tomorrow, and I've gotta take her in for an oil change and then I'm ready!!!!

I'll be leaving here most likely on thursday morning and can't wait to see everyone on friday....Here we come, MOAB!!!!

Moab Red Rock

Well I think I am all ready I got all the little things done on my truck, I wanted too have a lift but maybe next year I will have the coil-over RCD lift.
Its been hot hear in Utah we need a storm to cool things off. I hope everyone has a safe trip see you all in a few days.

-Wade

Just want to let everyone know we will have all the "Serious Explorations" goodies available as well as the Moab Dash Plaques.

All products will be discounted for the event. T-shirts $10, stickers $15 & $5, videos $10, and the last "Serious Explorations" hat $10. Will all be for sale.

Moab Dash Plaques are $5.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning! See ya soon!!

Jared, why not meet up with everyone thursday night? If more then two or three people are eating at the same restaurant about anywhere in Moab you'll see them... when I went to Moab last year I got there later then most people (same as this year) and was looking for where people were going to be eating... just looked for a few explorers, saw them and parked. Moab is a really small town.

Because I have no idea when I'm getting into town yet. I might be there at 1 pm, might be at 1 am....I'll meet everyone if we make it in time...

ahh I gotcha... I usually plan on about 5-7 hours to get out there, depending on the way the wind is blowing and stuff :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truck is almost ready to go. Need to tighten wheelbearings and add a tow hook to the rear other then that pickup pickup heaths fenders and will rolling in soometime thursday. I cant wait. See everyone out there.

Matt

Back