Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002

Poll - Participants by state?

Makes me wonder which state has the most people that are gonna participate in this event.
Gerald do you have a tally?

I should be leaving home late Friday or early Saturday to make my way slowly to Moab. I probably will arrive in Moab on Wed afternoon or evening.

Cya,
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: One More From Texas

Originally posted by Michael
The Red Bull is going to Moab!

I asked myself, What do you do when you don't have a job or any money? The only answer I could come up with, that was any fun, was to go to Moab :D

Michael it's good to hear you are going to Moab. I knew you couldn't stay away.

This year you will be a little ahead of me with the front locker, but I'll do my best to keep up with you.....
:p

Looking forward to wheeling with you again.
:D

Re: One More From Texas

Originally posted by Michael
The Red Bull is going to Moab!

I asked myself, What do you do when you don't have a job or any money? The only answer I could come up with, that was any fun, was to go to Moab :D

Finally. You have a bunk reserved in my cabin ;)

Originally posted by Aquaman
Makes me wonder which state has the most people that are gonna participate in this event.
Gerald do you have a tally?

Texas is in the lead by far. Let's see, there's Michael, Aquaman, Kris Guilbeaux, Brian Green, Gerald Jarrett, David Jarrett, Alec, and myself. That's eight of the 25 signed up.
Rick or Gerald, my name is not on the list for whatever reason...

You're on now :D Sorry about the mixup.

Glad you are going to make it Michael. I guess Ill be following your crazy arse on the trail. 5 more business days till I leave. I cant wait. Leaving Dallas at 6 a.m. on Thursday the 30th. I will be in Moab Friday. See you guys soon.

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Gerald, This is very important. :D This place will have other cold adult beverages besides beer right? Im not a beer drinker at all. Rum and Coke will work. :) Thanks.. Just thought I would need to know that after my drive in.

I thought that the Moab Brewery was just Wine and beer. I don't remember drinking anything else there when we went in 2000. I'm a rum and coke guy my self.
Guess I'll have to bring some with me. The place where we are having the dinner (Branding Iron) does have a full bar, and there are quite a few bars around.

Nothing helps you get up at the butt-crack of dawn like drinking the night before!

I never have a prob getting up :D Well I guess I will just see what the brewery is like, I may be heading somewhere that has some real beverages he he.

I like Alec's idea for Saturday stock group run, sign me up. 1 week to go.

ditto with the sunday run.

Re: Re: One More From Texas

Originally posted by Mudd*****

Texas is in the lead by far. Let's see, there's Michael, Aquaman, Kris Guilbeaux, Brian Green, Gerald Jarrett, David Jarrett, Alec, and myself. That's eight of the 25 signed up.
Rick or Gerald, my name is not on the list for whatever reason...

ok now hold on Gerald Jarret no longer counts as Texas and I believe Co has to be up there I didn't count but there are alot of us!

Just counted we have 7 trucks going which would tie to texas since Gerald is off your list!

Gerald said it himself, he'll always be a Texas boy at heart!

well I feel the same way

Then we'll include you as a Texan too :D Brian, there's a couple of bars up near Central Ave on the east side of Main St if the Brewery doesn't serve liquor. I honestly cannot remember if it does or not.

I'll be busy with my son this weekend and getting ready to leave on Memorial Day, so I'll be off the boards, but I'll check in on this thread a time or two for the next couple of days before I leave. I expect to arrive in Moab between midday Thurs and Thurs nite.

Yippee! :bounce:

I believe Moab Brewery has a seperate bar area where they serve liquor. You just can't bring drinks from the bar to the dining area.

Seven Mile Rim on Thursday

I am going to be able to arrive in Moab midday Thursday.

Any Modified/BigDawg that would be interested in running Seven Mile Rim (pg 60, rated 3.5) with me please meet at the City Market at 2 pm Thursday afternoon.

I'll be on ch 1 with my squelch off, I'm staying at the Silver Sage, and will pretty much stay on Main St Thursday until I find some people and/or go to the City Markey by 2pm.

Would anyone be interested in Seven Mile Rim?

I will probably be checking the website only one or two more times today and then I am gone.

Cya there! :bounce: :roll: :bounce:

PS: Rick, what's the prize for longest distance this year? :D

If I qualify, I'm game.

I'm currently in Las Cruces, NM; and will be arriving in Albuquerque, NM this afternoon. My current plans are to head to Moab on Wednesday.

I may not be on the Net again until arriving in Moab.

Cya there!

Gerald,
I plan on checking out arches NP with my brother and his kids, but if plans change I'll be sure to look for ya

We'll be getting there Midday Thursday also (assuming we get Johns Jeep done on time [It is currently missing a couple of axles :eek: ] )

I can't wait :bounce: :bounce:

What about yours Jeff?? Are you Atlas equipped??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

John, I'm good to go! See you at the City Market Thursday at 14:00.

Read Charles Wells' book; it mentions a section that is severely offcamber. I'm gonna drop my spare tire that's up top on the safari rack and put it in my cargo area to lower my center of gravity as much as possible before getting there. You might want to make similar plans.

Jeff I hope you can join 7 Mile Rim but I understand if you can't because there's kids and stuff. They will thorougly enjoy trails 1 and 2 in Arches Nat'l Park with all of the the dino footprints right there on the trail. It's a great run especially for kids.

None of us should lose focus; this whole event is to have fun for everyone that comes.

:bounce: MOAB ROCKS! :smoke:

PS: To all, I am driving nearly two thousand miles to get to Moab. If I don't make it when I plan to on Thursday don't wait for me. If at all possible I will get there when I plan to though.

Back