Mod for Fog Lights on independant of Headlight switch position on 2009. Exists or not?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mod for Fog Lights on independant of Headlight switch position on 2009. Exists or not??

tripplec

Reaction score
City, State
Bowmanville, ON Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer LTD AWD
I read loads of posts on mods for earlier Generation Explorers and other tapping into the parking light for power to latch the relay in. However, it doesn't apply to the 2009 and I am wondering if anyone had done this on this Explorer.

If I pull the fog switch on the fog light should come on and stay on until either the ignition is turned of or its pushed back in. I have it working that way on another vehicle.

Well I have to surmise that this mod has not been done on a 4 gen Explorers I don't know if its going to be easy to get a lighting schematic for these but without tone it would be difficult to figure out.

I was curious as I don't like seeing them going off toggling between high beams and low beams when driving. Sometimes all you need is the fog lights in heavy overcast in the daytime along with DRL which we have here.

All of the light switch wiring runs to the smart junction box. so you would have to install a separate switch for the fog lights, then run power to the fog light relay in the battery junction box. That would mean cutting the power supply from the SMJ to the BJB for the new switch power supply. Would this cause problems with the SJB ?
In the old days, it was just switch, relay and lights.

Thanks

Back