• Register Today It's free!

Mods for wife's 2014 Explorer

Sunset14

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Hi all, I'm hoping to get some help. My wife has shown interest in modding her 2014 Limited and since I like to do the same to my truck, I'd like to help her out.
Headlights: Any aftermarket headlights with the eyebrow lights or wrap around thin LED strips like the F-150 higher trim level packages? Did a google search but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance!

The LED strips on the Explorer are referred to as Signature Lighting. I believe some have added separate LED strips to their Explorers but I'm not aware of a similar aftermarket headlamp. Also, there was a 'refresh' of the 2016 model so it isn't possible to install a 2016+ unit in a 2011-2015 vehicle without changing some body panels.
Here is picture of a 2013 that was modded; 5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread
There may also be some pictures of those mods here;What did you do to your 5th Gen today?

Peter

Peter posted up some good ones that others have done custom work to. Any aftermarket one for the 2011-2015 that I have seen, aren't all that cool.. The cool ones are the ones the guys that have posted here that have done some custom work. But that involves baking, separating, and tapping in wiring and resealing.

Back