Mojave Desert Trail and Exploring March 25-27 2013 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mojave Desert Trail and Exploring March 25-27 2013

During which week would it be best for you to make this trip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbor Frieght 12ton jack stands are a good height for the frame on my Explorer and should work for your Ranger too. For the Explorer look at industrial pipe stands like the Ridgid VJ99. That is what I use for jackstands on my Jeep. Sorry, no extras in my shop

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..The Ranger is growing up and my 12 ton stands worked well until I added the long R/A's ..I have seen the Ridgids 4 sale but they disapear so fast and everyone is just selling one at a time..:dunno:

...I just did a test run on some bacon wrapped Filet Mignon and will probably bring some fish to cook too...I just need to remember to bring more cooking fuel this trip for the thicker meats..:biggthump

..I keep searching for those Dimple Die Fab long skewers out here and all I find is the imitation shorties..:p:

..Skewers have been acquired...:biggthump

..Weather forecast appears to be 80/50 with excellent Exploration possibilities...:D

..Hey Brian...You ready for this trip?...:bounce:

..Oh yea...If things work out I'm going to get some Bilsteins for the rear of the X...Right now all of my shocks are dead so wheeling offroad is great but freeway driving is getting scarrrrrry...

..How do you like yours and would there be anything better out there now I could use for the rear?..The fronts can wait till after some other front fab work..:D

What happened to the yellow HD shocks I gave you? They weren't new, but they weren't dead, either...

...They are still sitting in the boxes with all the other parts to put on the Ranger...I even marked the boxes with Expanded and collapsed heights but I will def look at them for the X and this trip..:biggthump

..:shifty_ey ...and I see you peeking Ritsui...you and Khiori...:D

kilroy.jpg

..:shifty_ey ...and I see you peeking Ritsui..

It was the
..Skewers
I shouldn't say it, but I have a big bag of jumbo shrimp defrosting in chili-lime marinade which I would have loved to bring on this trip... if I were going :(

Sadly, a family member ended up in a coma yesterday and my business doesn't want me to leave either.

Were it at all possible... I'd :burnout: Have fun and post a trip report :salute:

...First and foremost, so sorry to hear about your Family Member and also that you two won't be able to attend...:(

I shouldn't say it, but I have a big bag of jumbo shrimp defrosting in chili-lime marinade which I would have loved to bring on this trip... if I were going :(

..:scratch:..Now if you think those Big ol' shrimp will be lonely and they are still wanting to make the trip and are looking for a ride, you know I could swing by on my way out of town and pick them up...

..I've got plenty of room in the truck for them and we will make sure they enjoy the trip...We would even take plenty of pictures of them at all the scenic campfires...:D

..I went to the grocery store and got some shopping done and loaded up the fridge this morning..:D

..Brian, you would be proud as I already made good use of the long skewers..

...When drilling thru the floor pan of the X, they work out perfect for pushing up thru the dense insulation and carpet and marking the location of the holes..:biggthump

..I got my jack 90% mounted and the last 10% will have to wait till later as I backed myself into a corner on this simple install and it is going to take some McGyvering to get the last bolt mounted..

What happened to the yellow HD shocks I gave you? They weren't new, but they weren't dead, either...

..I was going to throw them on but the shock body is to long...Thanks to my crawling under there and trying to make them work I figured out another way I need to mount the shocks to get more travel with the spring over..:confused:

...They are in good shape and most likely will move over to the Ranger and the X shocks will be used for mock ups..:D

...Needless to say this trip will be on the same existing shocks so I'm taking it safe and slow...;)

I the itinerary still mostly correct? I'd like to try to meet you in Afton Monday morning if you're still on schedule at that point. I'm can't take more than one day off work, but unless things go haywire, I may be able to take off Monday.

..I am sending you a pm as we are out in the middle of the desert and have been busy the last few days..

..Afton sounds good as we plan to leave there Monday a.m. and do some different areas first..

Thanks for the update, Brian. I'll call/email before I leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back